Open .ini

Is there a way to Open a .ini file for the user to edit directly? I tried FileOpen, but that's only for .txt files. Can anyone help me please?

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

• Developers

Is there a way to Open a .ini file for the user to edit directly? I tried FileOpen, but that's only for .txt files. Can anyone help me please?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why would that only for ".txt" files?

I don't see any issue opening an INI file....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Hmmm, I've tried IniWrite and IniRead, but they don't actually open up the file...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't understand your point here... iniread and iniwrite are standard system calls but they do open the file, do their thing and close it again...

see my answer to your other post for an example how fileopen does work.... : #41859

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

JdeB I wasn't the person who said hmm i tried iniwrite and that, but that's beside the point =-o I tried doing FileOpen("Config.ini", 0) and nothing happened. I want to make it so you can view the file when it opens

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Actually, you can view the .ini, it's possible...You need to make a registry key in the .ini thing, thanks to larry, I know this =D

Although it's already in there, the key that you need, so I'm not sure, I'm a moron...

FootbaG

JdeB I wasn't the person who said hmm i tried iniwrite and that, but that's beside the point =-o I tried doing FileOpen("Config.ini", 0) and nothing happened. I want to make it so you can view the file when it opens

I didn't say that I tried IniRead or w/e that was layer. I got it.

Run('notepad.exe "' & @ScriptFullPath & '"') =-o