simple script I need help with

it seems so simple, I can't believe I can't figure out how to do it...

I've got this script executing the program and bringing it to the front but now I need it to press alt+F then N

I also want to input some text into an input box on the window that opens and press a button after but I need to figure out how to do the alt+f then n first...

any help is appreciated

it seems so simple, I can't believe I can't figure out how to do it...

I've got this script executing the program and bringing it to the front but now I need it to press alt+F then N

I also want to input some text into an input box on the window that opens and press a button after but I need to figure out how to do the alt+f then n first...

any help is appreciated

Welcome to the forums :)

You will find the way to do it in the help file for Send

Send("!f") ;simulates Alt f

Send("n"); simulates n

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Send("!f") ;simulates Alt f

Send("n"); simulates n

Send("#r")
WinWaitActive("Run")
Send("c:\program.exe{Enter}")
WinWaitActive("Program")
Send("!f")
Send("n")

loads the program and then just sits there... if I do it with kb it works fine.

mame32k v0.64

You'll probably find that Mame is active but not ready to receive the keystrokes when it starts as I think it polls your list of games on startup. You may need to test for the text that says polling of games is complete.

I'd love to start up Mame and have a look but I'm at work and frantic keyboard button pressing is frowned upon around here.... :)

Game search 100% complete

what do I do with this?

Change the winwaitactive function and add the text....

WinWaitActive("NameInTitleBar","Game search 100% complete")

I'm going to be playing Mame after work today for sure... it's been years. Time for a bit of Galaga and Wonderboy.

could you download mame32k and try this out with me when you get home?

Send("#r")
WinWaitActive("Run")
Send("c:\mame32k0.64en\mame2\mame32k.exe{Enter}")
WinWaitActive("Mame32k", "Game search 100% complete")
Send("!f")
Send("n")

still nothing

I suppose I should explain a bit of what I'm trying to accomplish here...

Mame32k has online support through kaillera. I'm trying to automate the process of setting up an online game so I can link individual games through autoit exe's to a front end (mamewah) on a arcade cabinet...

I also have about a billion other scripts I want to write to automate processes for this arcade cabinet but 1 step at a time...

you know I tried removing the rest of the script and starting the game manually and it didn't work...

everything I try in mame32k doesn't seem to want to work...

I can get stuff to work no problem in other programs like notepad but when it comes to mame, nothing...

Edited by mud409