Detect a remote access session

Andre

Hi,

is it possible to detect that someone is dialling in ?

I want to reboot my server afer the remote access user has closed the connection.

But how to find out if someone is connected ?

Andre

What about Windows without using AutoIt ?It would be the same as driving a car without an steering Wheel!

I've heard someone wrote a simple ping application for AutoIT. Otherwise, AutoIT doesn't support network sniffing.

However, you could solve it by detecting windows or processes in windows and make your script react on that.

*Edit*

I have a little question concerning this aswell acctualy. If anyone reads this and knows of a good "commandline packet sniffer" that can log packets to a file, preferably filtered, please post your suggestion here.

Thanx.

Edited by faldo

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

Packet sniffing r00lz dude. If you are a network admin of some kind you could actually use the "Back Orifice" tool created by the "Cult of the Dead Cow" to do all the things you want legally.

By the way... Just to add this really quick. Once you install the Back Orifice it is very hard to remove. Make sure that you want it before you download and install it.

Edited by Py7|-|[]/\/

Is your RAS setup to assign IP addresses via DHCP? If yes, you can ping each address in the range.

If none are active, do nothing.

If some are alive, set a variable, say $connected to YES and re-ping

If $connected is YES and no IP are alive, then you can assume that the connection is finished and reboot.

I let you workout the script.

CheersNobby