n/a

• 4 weeks later...

Um, with casual browsing of your script, it seems like it will do significant damage to a working version of windows - it is too broad at removing non-malicious stuff too!

Have you considered forwarding specimens of your 'discovered' nasties to your anti-malware vendor for inclusion in their updates?

Microsoft have available a utility that has been included in most versions of DOS and Windows for over a decade - it is called FDISK. It would be just as effective on these infested computers. Why re-invent the wheel?

Um, with casual browsing of your script, it seems like it will do significant damage to a working version of windows - it is too broad at removing non-malicious stuff too!

Have you considered forwarding specimens of your 'discovered' nasties to your anti-malware vendor for inclusion in their updates?

Microsoft have available a utility that has been included in most versions of DOS and Windows for over a decade - it is called FDISK. It would be just as effective on these infested computers. Why re-invent the wheel?

FDISk will definitly solve any malware problems you may have. In fact it solves any problems period, unless of course you have a restore partition. Then it might cause a couple.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 1 month later...

No, it won't do damage. In fact, it will add some sort of a breathing room to your system as some local users of the script reported. And besides, 1 of the reasons I posted the script was to show that AutoIt is powerful enough to even make a stand-alone application with only just a few commands and no 3rd party systems. Also, I made the script out of the blue after repeatedly being ignored by those "anti-malware vendors" regarding those "nasties." I was able to improve the script though (by following the comments of some forum members who PM'd me) as some sort of enhancement to a few commercial anti-spyware programs out there (will post it soon).

FDISK is a hard disk partitioner, not an anti-spyware program! So in this case, I'm not re-inventing the wheel. Using FDISK is okay if you wanna wipe out all the data on your hard disk wether it be infested or not.

FDISK is a hard disk partitioner, not an anti-spyware program! So in this case, I'm not re-inventing the wheel. Using FDISK is okay if you wanna wipe out all the data on your hard disk wether it be infested or not.

And that is exactly what I was refering to. Guaranteed to solve all your malware problems except in the case of a restore partion. :)

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"