Dereferencing pointers

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a feature to dereference a pointer so that two separate scripts could share values with each other? The first script could pass Ptr($var) to the second script using the $cmdlines feature, and then the second script could read the value of $var by dereferencing that pointer.

Another way I can think of is having one script write the value to a file and then have the other one read it, but that is probably a lot slower if done multiple times.

I searched for "dereference" and did not find an answer in any of the threads that came up.

Thanks

Edited by partially inedible

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a feature to dereference a pointer so that two separate scripts could share values with each other? The first script could pass Ptr($var) to the second script using the $cmdlines feature, and then the second script could read the value of $var by dereferencing that pointer.

Another way I can think of is having one script write the value to a file and then have the other one read it, but that is probably a lot slower if done multiple times.

I searched for "dereference" and did not find an answer in any of the threads that came up.

Thanks

Search around the forums a bit. There have been numerous discussions on passing messages between separate scripts. I don't recall anything about "dereferencing a ptr", but there are many other options.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 4 weeks later...

Search around the forums a bit. There have been numerous discussions on passing messages between separate scripts. I don't recall anything about "dereferencing a ptr", but there are many other options.

I am not trying to complain but the purpose of the post was to ask about a dereference operator or function

Edited by partially inedible

I am not trying to complain but the purpose of the post was to ask about a dereference operator or function

Free bump.

No offense taken, if that's what you mean, as I know that was not a cluefull response. Just pointing out that two scripts sharing values is a common topic, with various other solutions already posted. Some of the people on this forum (obviously not me) are hard core C++ types who probably know exactly what you mean by a dereference operator, and if it can be used within the context of AutoIt.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law