Static IP address

nlgma

I'm sure it's a simple little 20 lines code script, But I was wondering if someone had some code sitting around. I need a script that keeps a uses pc with the same static IP. I plan on running the script as a windows service.

I'm sure it's a simple little 20 lines code script, But I was wondering if someone had some code sitting around. I need a script that keeps a uses pc with the same static IP. I plan on running the script as a windows service.

Why wouldn't you just set the IP to static and be done with it ?

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Why wouldn't you just set the IP to static and be done with it ?

The users keep renewing their IP or manually changing it.. If I can't stop the user from releasing it or changing it. Then I was hopping to use a script that monitors the IP for change and sets it back to static and to the IP address I assigned it.

The users keep renewing their IP or manually changing it.. If I can't stop the user from releasing it or changing it. Then I was hopping to use a script that monitors the IP for change and sets it back to static and to the IP address I assigned it.

Is there a reason why it matters if it gets changed?

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Ok, My mom is not the smartest when it comes to computers, I have a opened a port on the router to VNC into her computer. Her Comcast goes down every other day and when she calls them to fix it. They set her up with DHCP enabled. booooo....... No mom! Your on a static IP!, call me be for you call them.... Yeah I've said that 4 or 9 times now. I'm almost done with the script.

Ok, My mom is not the smartest when it comes to computers, I have a opened a port on the router to VNC into her computer. Her Comcast goes down every other day and when she calls them to fix it. They set her up with DHCP enabled. booooo....... No mom! Your on a static IP!, call me be for you call them.... Yeah I've said that 4 or 9 times now. I'm almost done with the script.

Both computers on a local network? If so, you should be able to connect to her computer with the machine name as opposed to the IP address. Another thing you can do is turn off DHCP in the router and assign static IPs.

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

I'm unable to telnet in to the router or make the router give the computer the same IP every time. I did learn about NETSH, Very nice command. I wrote a script the monitors her IP for change, if it changes then "netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1". It works.

I'm unable to telnet in to the router or make the router give the computer the same IP every time. I did learn about NETSH, Very nice command. I wrote a script the monitors her IP for change, if it changes then "netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1". It works.

What's the brand and model number of the router?

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif