Change of listview selection

mark2004

I would like to have several controls updated as the selection in a listview is changed. I am using the WM_NOTIFY_EVENTS

method with the $LVN_ITEMCHANGED event. The problem is that this event apparently fires 3 times when the selection is

changed. Here is the portion of my code from within the WM_NOTIFY_EVENTS section:

CODE

Case $CaseWHSiteListView

$tagNMHDR = DllStructCreate("int;int;int", $lParam);NMHDR (hwndFrom, idFrom, code)

If @error Then Return

$event = DllStructGetData($tagNMHDR, 3)

Switch $event

Case $LVN_ITEMCHANGED

Guictrlsetdata($CaseWHSVDate,_GUICtrlListViewGetItemText($CaseWHSiteListView,-1,1))

If _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText($CaseWHSiteListView,-1,0)="New" Then

Guictrlsetdata($CaseWHSVNum,_GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount($CaseWHSiteListView))

Else

Guictrlsetdata($CaseWHSVNum,_GUICtrlListViewGetItemText($CaseWHSiteListView,-1,0))

EndIf

Guictrlsetdata($CaseWHSVZone,_GUICtrlListViewGetItemText($CaseWHSiteListView,-1,2))

Guictrlsetdata($CaseWHSVDesc,_GUICtrlListViewGetItemText($CaseWHSiteListView,-1,4))

EndSwitch

The problem is that the _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText() function is returning an empty string for the 2nd firing of the

event and this wipes out my the selections in my combobox due to how the Guictrlsetdata() function works.

Any ideas on how to do this. It seems like a simple enough concept........

Thanks

Get NewState value from NMLISTVIEW structure, BitAND it with $LVIS_SELECTED and if the result is true, it will be the newly selected item. Then get iItem value to get index of the item.

Other notifications are for the item that was deselected.

See _GUICtrlListView_Create() example in UDFs helpfile to see how to work with NMLISTVIEW struct from LVN_ITEMCHANGED.

"be smart, drink your wine"

Thanks,

That sounds like what I need. I unfortunately am not running the latest version of AutoIt so I don't have the _GuiCtrlListView_Create() function you referenced. I don't want to upgrade the installation in the middle of this project

either. I couldn't find this function's information listed on the website.

Could someone either post it here or tell me where I can access the info for this function.

Thanks!

;Const $LVIS_SELECTED = 0x2
;.
Switch $event
    Case $LVN_ITEMCHANGED
        $tNMLISTVIEW = DllStructCreate("hwnd;uint;uint;int iItem;int;uint iNewState;uint;uint;long;long;lparam", $lParam)
        If BitAND(DllStructGetData($tNMLISTVIEW, "iNewState"), $LVIS_SELECTED) Then
            $iItem = DllStructGetData($tNMLISTVIEW, "iItem");index of selected item
        EndIf
EndSwitch
;.

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

Thanks!!

;Const $LVIS_SELECTED = 0x2
;.
Switch $event
    Case $LVN_ITEMCHANGED
        $tNMLISTVIEW = DllStructCreate("hwnd;uint;uint;int iItem;int;uint iNewState;uint;uint;long;long;lparam", $lParam)
        If BitAND(DllStructGetData($tNMLISTVIEW, "iNewState"), $LVIS_SELECTED) Then
            $iItem = DllStructGetData($tNMLISTVIEW, "iItem");index of selected item
        EndIf
EndSwitch
;.