MultiClip

Scottswan

This one is quite handy.

My 2nd script! :)

Cudos go to JSThePatriot for coming up with a way to put the text rather than send it.

What it is:

MultiClip is a small but quite powerful accessory to the windows clipboard that allows one to have immediate text pasting from up to 10 different saved clipboards.

All the text is saved to an ini file, and the text for any key can be replaced by simply copying new text for the same key.

The keys are CTRL + 0-9 on the number pad. I chose the number pad mainly for visualization reasons. I tend to remember positions of things much easier than values, with the num pad being in a nice 3 x 3 square I might have a chance of remembering what I stored in, say, the bottom 3 keys. :)

Bugs:

Can run more than one copy of the script. (I forgot were I saw how to fix that)

All files must go in the same folder.

Should run on anything with Winders.

Take the ".txt" off of the MultiClip.ini before running.

-Scott

MultiClip_v1.au3MultiClip_ReadMe.txtMultiClip.ini.txt

Edited by Scottswan

Ah thanks for the cudo :) I may find a use for this, but right now I dont have much copying and pasting to do.

You may also consider creating another program that is the frontend to MultiClip that puts text into the .INI for you :) Then use a GUI .exe to wrap them and give the person to either create a new INI file or use an old one. That way you can have many many uses for this. Let me know if you need any help on anything except GUI I am not quite ready for that jump yet. I am still trying to get the V3 stuff down. As soon as it is stable I will get into the GUI ;)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

You may also consider creating another program that is the frontend to MultiClip that puts text into the .INI for you ;)

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure I understand your frontend idea. :)

The way the script is now, you never need to manually open or edit the ini unless you want to see what is stored in it. For putting text into the ini, if you highlite some text and hit CTRL + ALT + 0-9 on the number pad, the script will store or replace the text for that key in the ini without opening anything visually. That way it simulates, as closely as possible, the actual windows clipboard... X 10. :)

I agree that the 'tada' sound needs a kill switch. It also has a bug and won't play any sound on NT. I'll work on that.

Also has a bug where (on win98se) it won't save any text after a CR to the ini.

-Scott

I didnt realize you already had the functionality of putting text into the INI with the script. Maybe I should look first next time :). Though I still think it might be a good idea to give the frontend at some point that would allow them to have many INI's and they can just pick from some of them. (if they use 20 or 30 different things at different times instead of having to do the ctrl+alt+# thing all the time).

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

MultiClip ver 1.0.1

Making the sound toggle on and off intrigued me, so I added it.

It also try's to play the sound on Win NT now.

One note: It stores the sound on/off in the same ini, after I made the changes to the script I ran it, but forgot to add the new section to the ini. The script added that new sound section to the ini on it's own! I didn't know it could do that.

Sound Scraps is a working test file I made to get the HotKeySet - single key toggle to work and locate Tada.wav.

-Scott

MultiClip_v101.zipSound_Scraps.zip