Colon and Semicolon issue

Yaniv

Hi everybody, I was looking in the forums for hours, and I couldn't find an answer:

I try to send a string using ControlSend a path. The path contains the : (Colon) char. It seems this char is replaced with ; (Semicolon).

I tried the + - to enable SHIFT but all I got was a messy string.

How can I pass a path string to the ControlSend ?

Thanks in advance

Yaniv.

@Yaniv

Maybe this can help

For $i = 58 to 59
    MsgBox(0, "This Character ",  Chr($i)) 
NextoÝ÷ Ú· j·l¦ÚÞÇú®¢×©ä±ú+ʪº'$­êeÊk{!j÷·w+kçm¢ë¶¢
ÿû§rب·­ß۲˦zØZ¶Ø^¥«a²Ú⬪ê-OvLCÓÝÃô÷dÄ0ú®¢Öµêî²)ජ
ÿû§rبµØ}êÞÚÞ²ém±'+ZºÚ"µÍÛÛÛÙ[
    ][ÝÓÜ[][ÝË ][ÝÉ][ÝË    ][ÝÖÐÓTÔÎY]ÈSÕSÑNWI][ÝË  ][ÝÐÉ][ÝÉ[ÐÚ
N
I[É][ÝÉÌLÕST   ÌLÕST ÌLÕST ][ÝÊ

• first run: c;\temp\tEMP\TEMP
  • 2nd run (with the same script): c;\temp\temp\temp
  • 3rd run (with the same script): c;\temp\temp\teMP
  • 4th run (again, with the same script): C:|TEMP|TEMP|TEMP (all pipes)
I really don't know why I always getting different results. It seems really strange to me.

Has anyone ever encountered such behavior ?

I've done some testing with the script, and I've found out that this behavior happens only with the ControlSend method. If I'm using a regular Send everything works perfect.

So, the question is: Does ControlSend meant to be like that ? or am I doing something wrong ?

I've done some testing with the script, and I've found out that this behavior happens only with the ControlSend method. If I'm using a regular Send everything works perfect.

So, the question is: Does ControlSend meant to be like that ? or am I doing something wrong ?

Can't duplicate your symptoms with this:

$PID = Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("Untitled - Notepad")
$hWin = WinGetHandle("Untitled - Notepad")
WinActivate($hWin)
WinWaitActive($hWin)
ControlSend($hWin, "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "C:\Temp\Temp\Temp" & @CRLF)

What app are you sending to?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 3 years later...

It would've been smarter to create a new thread, because of the following...

1. This thread is over 3yrs old and a lot has changed with AutoIt inc. the Windows OS.

2. What isn't working for you? PsaltyDS showed an example that worked and still does.

3. Are you sending to Notepad? Or an application that is created using the Windows API?

4. Show some code and a little effort to what i isn't working for you.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018