Email Script - IP Change Detector (working - need help optimizing)

The I have used the code located at http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...etSmtpMailCom()

What I have included is what I edited out of the code, because well - as my comments say I do not want to show people our password if there is an error etc. I also edited the first line because it seemed to ignore the variables for things such as SMTP port by declaring them - so the newbie in me removed them to be safe.

CODE
; Commented to Avoid a msg box that could display the compiled in password of our gmail account.

;If @error Then

; MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error & " Rc:" & $rc)

;EndIf

;

Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "",$IPPort="", $ssl="")

After I did that, I saved the file as SMTP-Auth.Au3 in the Autoit Include directory. I went and built the following program to install at our remote sites... (warning I comment a lot in my code! Call it newbie needing to know where he left off at the next shift...).

CODE
; This program will detect the IP address of the computer, and determine if it has changed since the last check.

; Using the email script from http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...etSmtpMailCom()

#include <INET.au3>

#include <SMTP-Auth.au3>

#cs

These are the original referenced comments from the creator of the INetSmtpMailCom function

$s_SmtpServer = "MailServer" ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED

$s_FromName = "Name" ; name from who the email was sent

$s_FromAddress = "your@Email.Address.com" ; address from where the mail should come

$s_ToAddress = "your@Email.Address.com" ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED

$s_Subject = "Userinfo" ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be

$as_Body = "" ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail

$s_AttachFiles = "" ; the file you want to attach- leave blank if not needed

$s_CcAddress = "CCadress1@test.com" ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed

$s_BccAddress = "BCCadress1@test.com" ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed

$s_Username = "******" ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - Optional (Needed for eg GMail)

$s_Password = "********" ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - Optional (Needed for eg GMail)

$IPPort = 25 ; port used for sending the mail

$ssl = 0 ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS

;~ $IPPort=465 ; GMAIL port used for sending the mail

;~ $ssl=1 ; GMAILenables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS

#ce

; Declare some variables we need to worry about, while not needed, it makes it easier to view what is happening, and understand all the values being used.

Dim $SMTPServer, $FromName, $FromAddy, $ToAddy, $Subject, $Body, $Attachment, $CCAddy, $BCCAddy, $SMTPUser, $SMTPPass, $SMTPPort, $SSL

; Some things are contstant and will not change, therefor we will set them now.

$SMTPServer = "*******" ; Future version will just encrypt this information in the INI file.

$SMTPUser = "*******" ; Future version will just encrypt this information in the INI file.

$SMTPPass = "**********" ; Future version will just encrypt this information in the INI file.

$SMTPPort = 465 ; This is gmail's smtp port.

$SSL = 1 ; I am using gmail and running on a remote network - therefor encryption is prefered.

$FromName = "Okuma Integrated Solutions" ; Hard coded to support what is coded in the SMTP Settings.

$FromAddy = "TRM@TSkinner.com" ; Hard coded to support what is coded in the SMTP Settings.

$ToAddy = IniRead("IPCheck.ini","CONF", "EMAIL", "TRM@TSkinner.com") ; We default to our group mailbox, unless otherwise indicated.

$CCAddy = "" ; The function asks for these, however we are not using them so they are declared blank here.

$BCCAddy = "" ; The function asks for these, however we are not using them so they are declared blank here.

; This leaves $Subject and $Body to be declared in the script.

; We are going to declare some simple variables to check for old and new addresses.

Dim $OldIP, $NewIP, $Change

$OldIP = IniRead("IPCheck.ini", "IP", "ADDY", "")

$NewIP = _GetIP()

$Client = IniRead("IPCheck.ini", "CONF", "CLIENT", "UNKNOWN")

If $NewIP = $OldIP Then

IniWrite("IPCheck.ini", "IP", "DATE", @MON & "-" & @MDAY & "-" & @YEAR)

$Change = 0

Else

IniWrite("IPCheck.ini", "IP", "ADDY", $NewIP)

IniWrite("IPCheck.ini", "IP", "DATE", @MON & "-" & @MDAY & "-" & @YEAR)

$Change = 1

EndIf

If $Change = 0 Then

Exit

ElseIf $Change = 1 Then

$Subject = "IP Address Changed @ " & $Client & " (" & $NewIP & ")"

$Body = "IP Address Changed @ " & $Client & " (" & $NewIP & ")"

_INetSmtpMailCom($SMTPServer, $FromName, $FromAddy, $ToAddy, $Subject, $Body, $Attachment, $CCAddy, $BCCAddy, $SMTPUser, $SMTPPass, $SMTPPort, $SSL)

EndIf

The INI File I am using looks like this:

CODE
[CONF]

EMAIL=Blah@Blah.com

CLIENT=Sample Customer

[iP]

ADDY=10.10.10.10

DATE=01-10-2008

(Date is used to let me know things are still being checked, if I ever remote in and open the file I will know when the check was last run (as this will be scheduled as a windows task)

When I test it - I get an email. It works flawlessly when I double click the file - however when I use the Tools>Beta Run from SCITE, I get the following error...

Keep in mind, it still sends the email. (To ensure I get an email each time, I just edit the IP in the INI file to make it different and thus the check sends me the results..

CODE
>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\jbattley\Desktop\IP Change Notifier.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

+>11:54:51 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.3

>Running AU3Check (1.54.9.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>11:54:51 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.8.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\jbattley\Desktop\IP Change Notifier.au3"

### COM Error ! Number: 80020009 ScriptLine: 89 Description:The transport failed to connect to the server.

+>11:55:00 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

+>11:55:00 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 9.732

If you want your IP to be static not dynamic then you should sign up for www.DynDNS.com they gave me a name for my ip...its free.

http://dbak.mine.nu

is the same as

http://65.31.39.43

I am not sure if you want a static server or client. Could you tell me which...

What I posted above is for a static server

While DynDNS handles the changing addresses well of a dynamic host, it does not handle the volume of clients we have without needing a paid subscription, hence why a solution such as this seems to work well for me.

The script works, I just get the error I posted at the end. Between 6-9 seconds run time each time I do it is not awful considering it is relying on external services, but the error concerns me that I may get failures and not receive updates from a client.