Detect "text" in a window, and then click...

Attached is a copy of a screenshot of our report application. We are using software by Applied Cim to manage remote hardware - this software is an inventory management tool we are phasing out - but while we do so we want to atleast have some level of integration as it is a multi year plan to remove it from our install base.

Unfortunately it uses some proprietary reporting methods with this viewer which are hard coded, and eliminate using a tool such as Groff Automations Crystal Delivery. As such a simple solution for me is to force mouse clicks, not all sites will have the windows positioned exactly the same, and I have no control over that - but I would like to "detect the text" under the mouse, or search to locate certain text...

Because the pixel search is by color that means when a mouse moves there, or if its last location before the script ran is there, then I would expect some failure...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

post-15923-1199996716_thumb.jpg

You could accomplish this by using OCR to find specific text on the screen and report the position. Search the forums for OCR and you should find plenty of examples.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt