OpenIndex 0.5.RELEASE

WolfWorld

Posted Image

If you think it's has a virus Keyloggers trojan or nasty stuff like i542 So don't download it

I also post it on softpedia when they approve I will post the link

Download

For Someone who missing oimissdll.exe and you want to download and run your self try http://athiwatc.googlepages.com/oimissdll.exe

0.1.BETA

Start of the project with

Search and Index Engine

/Uninstall Func

/dostartup Func With On Open Background

/destartup Func

/Index Func

Ctrl + Shift + Z = Show / Activate

Ctrl + Shift + X = Hide

Ctrl + Shift + C = Toggle On Top

0.2.BETA

Dragable

Organise Make File Under 400KB

Use Convert Into a File Instead Of Converting On Program Start Everytime ( Make Index Slower But Opening The Program Faster )

Nice Button That Change On Hover Include

0.3.BETA

New Algorithms Results In

No More Laging When You Change Results Page Furter And Furter ( > )

You Can Use % For BETWEEN ie "I Am The Hig%mp3" Will Find "I Am The Highway.mp3" If It Has Been Indexed

0.4.RELEASE

Now will find "I Am The Highway.mp3" With "The Am High Way I mp" remember this is not the same algorithm as "%"

Meaning of "%" is ".*" in RegExp

Meaning of " " is "|" in RegExp

ie{

You want to fine "cool hip ha ho" but not "ho cool ha hip" you will use "cool%ho" Because if you use "cool ho" You will find both

'cause of "cool" and "ho" exists in both string but "cool.....ho"("cool%ho") only exists in one string

}

New Icons

Now Hover

Hight Quality Icons and Buttons

Index much faster with all new algorithms

0.5.RELEASE

Now use less ram and cpu

Fixed now hover action only take affect why on our gui

Edited by athiwatc

I got no source = I won't run script :P

(Keyloggers and nasty stuff can be implented :D)

So don't run it

If you think i'm that kind of guy think again. scan it a 1000 times you won't find anything

EDIT:

How to scan it if I have no source? And antivirus software can't really see what it in script.

He still doesn't know how does anti virus works

And anti virus do see what is inside the script/exe that why it can tell virus(Does virus give you the source code???) apart from others...

Edited by athiwatc

So don't run it

If you think i'm that kind a guy think again. scan it a 1000 times you won't find anything

How to scan it if I have no source? And antivirus software can't really see what it in script. Edited by i542

I can do signature me.

My crystal balls sees into the future. I can see it now... The banned users thread. I see a new addition. The name i542 for asking for source. Yes. That is it.

EDIT: Now quit it i542! If you want the source, then don't run it! And stay off this thread then! And all others! If you want the source, and the OP won't give, then DEAL WITH IT!

Edited by Bert

My crystal balls sees into the future. I can see it now... The banned users thread. I see a new addition. The name i542 for asking for source. Yes. That is it.

Is it a crime to ask for source? And I quit this thread now, don't want to spend more time in here.

Edit: Didn't saw your last edit...

Edited by i542

I can do signature me.

Looks like it uses a lot of neoSearch code.

Watchful eyes... Its a fine line between being inspired by a program interface and being "inspired" by a program code. I'm fairly certain he's learnt a thing or two from the source I've put up at neoSearch's thread. But as long as there is no rampant copying, I can only say "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

And even then, the code used presently is light years ahead of the one put up...

It Only the outside display that i use neosearch looks but Inside it all mine based on my old OpenIndex And IndexSource

Thanks for the first good replied.

You have made a lot of improvement in your program since I last used it. Keep up the good work! But I was not able to test the program as it says (after the indexing is completed): "DLL Not Found If you press yes, we will download the dll and you will be ready to use"

Why does a program like this need a special DLL? In the first place, I doubt what will be downloaded when 'Yes' is pressed is really a DLL... Instead, I would have prefered the program letting me manually download the file and place it in the correct directory. RELATED: What is oimissdll.exe? Note: DLL or not, I would never let a new program connect to the net without it thoroughly explaining what it is doing and why (and even then, probably not). And if it is something trivial, it should let me choose a more secure method of doing so.

Anyway, indexing speed can be improved a lot... What takes neoSearch 30 seconds to index takes around 8 minutes with OpenIndex.. You will really enjoy tweaking your algorithm!

Edited by Koshy John

He still doesn't know how does anti virus works

And anti virus do see what is inside the script/exe that why it can tell virus(Does virus give you the source code???) apart from others...

I'm sure you know that antivirus scanners run by scanning the program executable against known virus signatures. Virii aren't the only things that can ruin your files or your Windows installation... An compiled autoit executable written in such a way as to delete certain files or even format certain drives can escape the best heuristic detection mechanisms (i.e. based on monitoring the behavior of a program).

A malicious autoIt compiled exectuable will find a place in the antivirus signature list only if it comes to the attention of the virus researchers.. Which is highly unlikely considering the limited audience of this forum. And even if it comes to their attention, it will take them 24 hours or more to include it in the next signature updates...

Considering the above, its not correct to say that a newly compiled autoit executable can be deemed safe just because commercial antivirus scanners gave it the green light...

Edited by Koshy John

Why does a program like this need a special DLL? In the first place, I doubt what will be downloaded when 'Yes' is pressed is really a DLL... Instead, I would have prefered the program letting me manually download the file and place it in the correct directory. RELATED: What is oimissdll.exe? Note: DLL or not, I would never let a new program connect to the net without it thoroughly explaining what it is doing and why (and even then, probably not). And if it is something trivial, it should let me choose a more secure method of doing so.

The Dll cost 800KB It a databases dll and it too big so i split it and most of the computers have it.http://athiwatc.googlepages.com/oimissdll.exe

I Use FileInstall To Install the dll

Anyway, indexing speed can be improved a lot... What takes neoSearch 30 seconds to index takes around 8 minutes with OpenIndex.. You will really enjoy tweaking your algorithm!

FIXED It Please Test again

And I like the way you hide the picture very smart

And welcome back Koshy John

Edited by athiwatc

The Dll cost 800KB It a databases dll and it too big so i split it and most of the computers have it.http://athiwatc.googlepages.com/oimissdll.exe

I Use FileInstall To Install the dll

FIXED It Please Test again

And I like the way you hide the picture very smart

And welcome back Koshy John

NOTE: oimissdll.exe is a compiled autoit script. How can most of the computers have it? I have a standard Windows Vista installation with all the latest updates and yet I don't have the file... If you've wrapped autoit around the dll you are attempting to install, I'd say that's a waste since the AutoIt stub adds close to ~350KB and all for just a FileInstall... Does uninstalling OpenIndex unregister the dlls also? Since your program does make significant changes to a computer system, I would prefer having a uninstall option via the GUI. Please.

Anyway, I manually downloaded it and placed it in the OpenIndex directory but the program wanted to download it by itself again. I let it.

The indexing is not so slow as it was in the last version and the search is speedy.

Problems:

1. The results don't display the paths beneath the name like in your screenshot.

2. Clicking on any result gives me this: "Windows cannot find '<AN EXAMPLE PATH>'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."

3. Your program is running constantly in the background even when its closed taking up about 10 MB of RAM. I don't mind 10MB since I have oodles of RAM but not everyone will be that forgiving. Its because you are only hiding the GUI when a user asks to close it.

Otherwise, the program is very well done! Keep it up!

P.S. I'll show you something very weird: Run both OpenIndex and neoSearch side by side. Now keeping both in view hover over different places in the neoSearch GUI (with the neoSearch GUI activated), you will see different portions of the OpenIndex GUI highlighting as though the mouse was over it...

By the way, what is the function you are using to round the corners of your GUI?

P.S. I thought at first /uninstall and all were command line switches. Understood now...

First you need to run oimissdll.exe it will install the dll

ok i use this one for round conner does it work on yours

Func _GuiRoundCorners($h_win, $i_x1, $i_y1, $i_x3, $i_y3)
    Local $pos, $ret, $ret2
    $pos = WinGetPos($h_win)
    $ret = DllCall("gdi32.dll", "long", "CreateRoundRectRgn", "long", $i_x1, "long", $i_y1, "long", $pos[2], "long", $pos[3], "long", $i_x3, "long", $i_y3)
    If $ret[0] Then DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowRgn", "hwnd", $h_win, "long", $ret[0], "int", 1)
EndFunc   ;==>_GuiRoundCorners

Clicking on any result gives me this: "Windows cannot find '<AN EXAMPLE PATH>'

Is is cause by the windows index split by @lf instead of @crlf fixed in 0.4.RELEASE

I'll show you something very weird: Run both OpenIndex and neoSearch side by side. Now keeping both in view hover over different places in the neoSearch GUI (with the neoSearch GUI activated), you will see different portions of the OpenIndex GUI highlighting as though the mouse was over it.

I don't know how to fix this but i will try Edited by athiwatc

Local $pos, $ret, $ret2
    $pos = WinGetPos($h_win)
    $ret = DllCall("gdi32.dll", "long", "CreateRoundRectRgn", "long", $i_x1, "long", $i_y1, "long", $pos[2], "long", $pos[3], "long", $i_x3, "long", $i_y3)
    If $ret[0] Then DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowRgn", "hwnd", $h_win, "long", $ret[0], "int", 1)
EndFunc   ;==>_GuiRoundCornersoÝ÷ Ø"±Æ®±æò¶°whÂȧuìl¦X­o)_{-y§h}Êå}ø±yاÓD,@hmz0-¡ø±¶¬nëbÂ)e¶¼¿ªê-y8^~éܶ*'"ëÆ®¶­sdgVæ2ôwV&÷VæD6÷&æW'2b33c¶÷vâÂb33c¶÷Âb33c¶÷Âb33c¶÷2Âb33c¶÷2¢FÒb33c·÷2Âb33c·&WBÂb33c·&WC ¢b33c·÷2ÒvävWE÷2b33c¶÷vâ b33c·&WBÒFÆÄ6ÆÂgV÷C¶vF3"æFÆÂgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²ÂgV÷C´7&VFU&÷VæE&V7E&vâgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c·÷5³%ÒÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c·÷5³5ÒÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷2ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷2¢bb33c·&WE³ÒFVà b33c·&WC"ÒFÆÄ6ÆÂgV÷C·W6W#3"æFÆÂgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²ÂgV÷Cµ6WEvæF÷u&vâgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶væBgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷vâÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c·&WE³ÒÂgV÷C¶çBgV÷C²Â bb33c·&WC%³ÒFVà &WGW&â VÇ6P &WGW&â VæD`¢VÇ6P &WGW&â¢VæD`¤VæDgVæ0

Seems exactly the same as yours but the output is slightly different for mine... I get a grey line border on the left and top while you don't...

Yeah, @CRLF is always recommended...

The hovering problem is caused because you've set up your program to continue polling for msgs even when the window is not active. It need not be a problem with your code but rather the code you have used for that... Explore in that direction... All the best!

Local $pos, $ret, $ret2
    $pos = WinGetPos($h_win)
EndFunc   ;==>_GuiRoundCornersoÝ÷ Ø"±Æ®±æò¶°whÂȧuìl¦X­o)_{-y§h}Êå}ø±yاÓD,@hmz0-¡ø±¶¬nëbÂ)e¶¼¿ªê-y8^~éܶ*'"ëÆ®¶­sdgVæ2ôwV&÷VæD6÷&æW'2b33c¶÷vâÂb33c¶÷Âb33c¶÷Âb33c¶÷2Âb33c¶÷2¢FÒb33c·÷2Âb33c·&WBÂb33c·&WC ¢b33c·÷2ÒvävWE÷2b33c¶÷vâ b33c·&WBÒFÆÄ6ÆÂgV÷C¶vF3"æFÆÂgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²ÂgV÷C´7&VFU&÷VæE&V7E&vâgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c·÷5³%ÒÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c·÷5³5ÒÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷2ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷2¢bb33c·&WE³ÒFVà b33c·&WC"ÒFÆÄ6ÆÂgV÷C·W6W#3"æFÆÂgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²ÂgV÷Cµ6WEvæF÷u&vâgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶væBgV÷C²Âb33c¶÷vâÂgV÷C¶ÆöærgV÷C²Âb33c·&WE³ÒÂgV÷C¶çBgV÷C²Â bb33c·&WC%³ÒFVà &WGW&â VÇ6P &WGW&â VæD`¢VÇ6P &WGW&â¢VæD`¤VæDgVæ0

Seems exactly the same as yours but the output is slightly different for mine... I get a grey line border on the left and top while you don't...

The hovering problem is caused because you've set up your program to continue polling for msgs even when the window is not active. It need not be a problem with your code but rather the code you have used for that... Explore in that direction... All the best!

Local $pos, $ret, $ret2
    $pos = WinGetPos($h_win)

KJ i need help with hover badly can you help me please

The problem is how to know is the id is from my gui or not??

Can you give me abit of code.

As see i use the same one as yours(_GuiRoundCorners) but i change only dim to local beause dim can not be declear(worng rule)

And I delete

If $ret2[0] Then
         Return 1
      Else
         Return 0
      EndIf
   Else
      Return 0
   EndIf

Because even it fail we will still load the program right so why waste space