? Importing into ControlListView ?

Pook

Okay,

I've been looking all over the forums for an answer in hopes of avoiding posting. <so not to look like a N00B> But I can find a answer that I can understand. (I'm still getting my feet wet with autoit)

What I'm doing is running this code below. To get the names of the workstations a users has logged into and out off. (this parts works)

$name="JOE_BlOW" 
Run(@ComSpec & " /c dsquery computer -desc *" & $name & "*logoff* -o rdn > C:\TEMP\logoff.txt","",@SW_HIDE) 
Run(@ComSpec & " /c dsquery computer -desc *" & $name & "*logon* -o rdn > C:\TEMP\logon.txt","",@SW_HIDE)

The TXT file looks like this:

"Computer1"
"Computer2"
"Computer3"
"Computer4"

My problem. I'm trying to import the txt file into a Listview. But I only want the top four Computer names, and I can't get it to remove the " around the computer names. Any ideas, or can someone point me to an example I can look at. I can't find anything in the forums, but then again I'm might not be looking in the right place.

Okay,

I've been looking all over the forums for an answer in hopes of avoiding posting. <so not to look like a N00B> But I can find a answer that I can understand. (I'm still getting my feet wet with autoit)

What I'm doing is running this code below. To get the names of the workstations a users has logged into and out off. (this parts works)

$name="JOE_BlOW" 
Run(@ComSpec & " /c dsquery computer -desc *" & $name & "*logoff* -o rdn > C:\TEMP\logoff.txt","",@SW_HIDE) 
Run(@ComSpec & " /c dsquery computer -desc *" & $name & "*logon* -o rdn > C:\TEMP\logon.txt","",@SW_HIDE)

The TXT file looks like this:

"Computer1"
"Computer2"
"Computer3"
"Computer4"

My problem. I'm trying to import the txt file into a Listview. But I only want the top four Computer names, and I can't get it to remove the " around the computer names. Any ideas, or can someone point me to an example I can look at. I can't find anything in the forums, but then again I'm might not be looking in the right place.

To get rid of a substring in a string you can use StringReplace, and make the replacement an empty string.

Eg

$NewStr = StringReplace($OldStr,'"',''); '"' = single quote + double quote + single quote, '' = single quote + single quote

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Sorry I'm slow, but I'm still don't get listview. I've been reading the posts and reading the notes in GuiListview.au3. And I'm still lost. I can't find any good documentation on how to use all the commands that come with GuiListview_xxxxx. I'm just trying to import a text file into the listview, but I can't understand any of the posts, or documentation.

I'm not looking for a give me... I just need some help pointing me in the right direction.