Notepad replacement

I am just starting with AutoIt3 with Scite and would like to be able to use Scite both for AutoIt and as my general text editor, so as not to have to learn two programs and not have to have two sets of custom keyboard shortcuts. Many text editors have a notepad replacement exe, but the only one I can find - at http://www.docuverse.com/blog/donpark/2003...cing-notepadexe - doesn't work at all well for me. I think the sci.exe that he provides is probably too cut down.

Is there a ready-made solution available, or does anyone have an idea?

• Developers

SC1 build is the same build as the SciTE4AutoIt3 build we supply with the AutoIt3 installer except I removed all unneeded lexers to make it a small as possible.

The full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer delivers the full SciTE build with all lexers and goodies for autoit, but can also be used for any of the other support languages.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I am just starting with AutoIt3 with Scite and would like to be able to use Scite both for AutoIt and as my general text editor, so as not to have to learn two programs and not have to have two sets of custom keyboard shortcuts. Many text editors have a notepad replacement exe, but the only one I can find - at http://www.docuverse.com/blog/donpark/2003...cing-notepadexe - doesn't work at all well for me. I think the sci.exe that he provides is probably too cut down.

Is there a ready-made solution available, or does anyone have an idea?

I decided to follow DonPark's advice in the link I quoted and use Notepad2 as my general text editor, keeping Autoit´s version of Scite for use with the former. Notepad2 is fine and solves the extension problem with an entry in its ini file. Now for the hard bit and start some useful scripting!