Flicker text

LIMITER

When the app updates the $remianing control and the $elapsed control , the label is flickering ... who could i fix that ?

i tried to put sleep() but if i use that the whole gui sleeps ...

[autoit]#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=lmp.ico

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=lmp.exe

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=L|M|TER Media Player

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=2.0.0

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=

Edited by LIMITER

• Developers

have you tried only updating the control when the value changed ...not each loop... :D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

RTFM SplashTextOn(), it has a remark addressing update flicker.

In his case $Remaining is a label not splash text.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

One of the first steps is to split that label into 2. The text "Remaining:" is constant so just put that into a separate label so it doesn't update.

The second label which will contain the actual updated text can be handled with something like the following;

$txt1 = GUICtrlRead($label)

$txt2 = "What I want the label to display"

If $Txt2 <> $Txt1 Then GUICtrlSetData($label, $Txt2)

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

One of the first steps is to split that label into 2. The text "Remaining:" is constant so just put that into a separate label so it doesn't update.

The second label which will contain the actual updated text can be handled with something like the following;

$txt1 = GUICtrlRead($label)

$txt2 = "What I want the label to display"

If $Txt2 <> $Txt1 Then GUICtrlSetData($label, $Txt2)

THX ! now it doesn't filcker ...

THX ! now it doesn't filcker ...

When updating label data it is always better to test for existing data before updating.

BTW: the same applies to GUICtrlSetState(). Test for the current state before setting a new state. That also avoids flickering. If you don't test then GUICtrlSetState() will set that state whether or not it is already the current state and that causes a brief flicker.

George

When updating label data it is always better to test for existing data before updating.

BTW: the same applies to GUICtrlSetState(). Test for the current state before setting a new state. That also avoids flickering.

well I needed that !!

thanks for the info !!!

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

BTW: the same applies to GUICtrlSetState(). Test for the current state before setting a new state. That also avoids flickering. If you don't test then GUICtrlSetState() will set that state whether or not it is already the current state and that causes a brief flicker.

THX For Help GeoSoft !!!

THX For Help GeoSoft !!!

No problem. Glad it helps. One of these days I have to get around to collecting all of these tips in one place and putting them on my web site. Maybe tomorrow (because tomorrow never comes).

George