Help with the RUN command

ipstomp

Hi everyone, Im new to AutoIT and have become a little stuck with what looks like a simple problem, hopefully someone can help me with it.

I am scripting the install and uninstall of some legacy applications, so far I have managed to script the install of the software and that works a treat.

My problem comes when I try to uninstall.

The path I need to use is :-

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Unwise32.exe /a C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log

Im not sure how to structure this as I have tried :-

Run ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\Unwise32.exe /a", "C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log")

Run ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\Unwise32.exe /a C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log")

Both have given me errors, so I must be doing something wrong.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

John

The first wont work.

The second is close. Maybe:

Run (@SystemDir & '\Unwise32.exe /a "C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log"', @SystemDir)

Hi Weaponx,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have tried what you have suggested and get the following error :-

Line-1

Error: Error parsing function call.

Could not open MO21RT.log

I have included the script below if that helps.

Cheers

John

-----------------------------------------

Run (@SystemDir & '\Unwise32.exe /a "C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log"', @SystemDir)

WinWait("Remove Shared Component",)

ControlClick("Remove Shared Component", "The system indicates that the following shared file is no longer user by any programs and may be deleted.", "Button4")

Run (@ProgramFilesDir & '\CAPS\UNIMAP\UNWISE.EXE /a "C:\PROGRA~1\CAPS\UNIMAP\INSTALL.LOG"', @ProgramFilesDir)

ControlClick("Remove Shared Component", "The system indicates that the following shared file is no longer user by any programs and may be deleted.", "Button4")

-------------------------------------------

Why do your winwait commands have an appended comma (,) after them?

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

Are you sure this file exists? C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log

Hi Weaponx,

Yes the file does exist, I have just tried the second part of the script and that errors the same as it can't find INSTALL.LOG ?

[Ealric] Thanks for your message, it was a typo! I have removed them from my script.

Cheers

John

• Developers

What OS are you running on ?

You could try:

Run ('"' & @SystemDir & '\Unwise32.exe" /a "C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log"', @SystemDir)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

What OS are you running on ?

You could try:

Run ('"' & @SystemDir & '\Unwise32.exe" /a "C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log"', @SystemDir)

Jos

Hi Jos,

Thanks for your help.

The script will be running on Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP SP2

I have tried this command without any success.

But I have made a discovery running the command manually from the windows Run Command

If the command is structured any differently from C:\WINDOWS\system32\Unwise32.exe /a C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log with quotes or anything it errors with not being able to find the .log file.

Is there anyway of running this as one?

Cheers

John

Edited by ipstomp

Try:

Run(@ComSpec & " /c C:\WINDOWS\system32\Unwise32.exe /a C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log")

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Try:

Run(@ComSpec & " /c C:\WINDOWS\system32\Unwise32.exe /a C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log")oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×*h¢CË^­8ZK¢¼¨º¸^"¶aÄ®qǬ²+ejéÜë-å'Â+ßg±y©ÝW°'!È+y«Sêk¡¹^z0ËajØ­v¬pj+_¢»az«¨µ¦¢÷ªÞt*&¦ÞÛ*ºlr·©Ý¬¢{h®éíéÞÆÕ'Â+{¢iÐ,Û-jwl+®*m$±«­¢+ÙIÕ¸¡
½µMÁµÀìÅÕ½Ðì½èÀäÈí]%9=]LÀäÈíÍåÍÑ´ÌÈÀäÈíU¹Ý¥ÍÌȹá½èÀäÈí]%9=]LÀäÈí5

Hopefully this will be something simple to resolve.

Thanks to everyone for the help so far.

Cheers

John

Edited by ipstomp

Throw in some MsgBox's to pause your script after a few commands to try and isolate when it is doing something you are not wanting.

As a quick thought though, could it be that "user" is supposed to be "used" in the lines:

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Throw in some MsgBox's to pause your script after a few commands to try and isolate when it is doing something you are not wanting.

As a quick thought though, could it be that "user" is supposed to be "used" in the lines:

Hi SpookMeister,

Thank you for noticing my typo, that now works really well.

Is there a way of stopping the script moving onto the second exe before the first one has finished?

Cheers

John

Maybe:

Run(@ComSpec & " /c C:\WINDOWS\system32\Unwise32.exe /a C:\WINDOWS\MO21RT.log")
WinWait("Remove Shared Component")
ControlClick("Remove Shared Component", "The system indicates that the following shared file is no longer used by any programs and may be deleted.", "Button4")
While 1
    if Not WinExists("Remove Shared Component") Then ExitLoop
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
Run(@ComSpec & " /c C:\PROGRA~1\CAPS\UNIMAP\UNWISE.EXE /a C:\PROGRA~1\CAPS\UNIMAP\INSTALL.LOG")
WinWait("Remove Shared Component")
ControlClick("Remove Shared Component", "The system indicates that the following shared file is no longer used by any programs and may be deleted.", "Button4")