install driver without admin privilige

vaya

Hello every body,

I ve created a nokia pc suite package, the package woks fine, but in our envirement , the user has no admin privilge.

we install the packages via sms server (SMS_instller has admin privilge). But when when the user plug his nokia mobile, a window pops up and asked fpr admin account and password :-(.

My idea is to install a service ( which will be install with sms-Installer) , just when the user plugs in any nokia mobile devices, this service will set the current user als admin to install the drivers.

Has any one idea ho to do this? or a better way to do it ?

Thanks in advance

Hello every body,

I ve created a nokia pc suite package, the package woks fine, but in our envirement , the user has no admin privilge.

we install the packages via sms server (SMS_instller has admin privilge). But when when the user plug his nokia mobile, a window pops up and asked fpr admin account and password :-(.

My idea is to install a service ( which will be install with sms-Installer) , just when the user plugs in any nokia mobile devices, this service will set the current user als admin to install the drivers.

Has any one idea ho to do this? or a better way to do it ?

Thanks in advance

You don't want the current user to be "given" admin perms... ever.

You need a monitor service, running as SYSTEM or an account with admin perms, that will perform the as-required install. That service will have to be setup as admin (SMS_Installer), but once it's running and the service is starting in Auotmatic.

That's the easy part. The hard part will be associating all the possible specific Nokia hardware IDs with your service, so they don't go to the user for resolution. I don't know how you do that.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You don't want the current user to be "given" admin perms... ever.

You need a monitor service, running as SYSTEM or an account with admin perms, that will perform the as-required install. That service will have to be setup as admin (SMS_Installer), but once it's running and the service is starting in Auotmatic.

That's the easy part. The hard part will be associating all the possible specific Nokia hardware IDs with your service, so they don't go to the user for resolution. I don't know how you do that.

:D

due the Nokia hardware IDs-problems, i wanted to do it like you have suggested. That s why I want to create a service which monitor the Nokia plug and play ( loop..) and then set the user als runas admin to install the driver and the delete him from admin groups. Does any one know how to do aloop to wait for a nokia plug in ??

Thanks

does any know to monitor plug and play devices ?

due the Nokia hardware IDs-problems, i wanted to do it like you have suggested. That s why I want to create a service which monitor the Nokia plug and play ( loop..) and then set the user als runas admin to install the driver and the delete him from admin groups. Does any one know how to do aloop to wait for a nokia plug in ??

Thanks

You could do some discovery... Take a snapshot of the system registry and files using an unspecified tool... plug in the device, under the same corcumstances expected, Take another snapshot and compare... or use some, again unspecified, "Registry/File System Monitoring Tool" to see these changes in real-time.

There may be a registry key you could monitor in a loop.

I have had some experience with USB device installation and the necessity of the device being present... I blame the device driver author for these problems.

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy