SciTE "tidy" issue

Has anyone else experienced this issue:

Sometimes, but not always, when I run tidy it goes through the script and the console reports that everything got tidied but the screen does not show any changes. If I look at the script with another editor (notepad++) it shows that the changes have been made. If I close SciTE (or just the tab with the script in it) and reopen it, the changes show up.

Any suggestions?

-Spook

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

• Developers

Has anyone else experienced this issue:

Sometimes, but not always, when I run tidy it goes through the script and the console reports that everything got tidied but the screen does not show any changes. If I look at the script with another editor (notepad++) it shows that the changes have been made. If I close SciTE (or just the tab with the script in it) and reopen it, the changes show up.

Any suggestions?

-Spook

There has been a BUGreport on this when the file is opened from a NetworkDrive. is that the same in your case ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

There has been a BUGreport on this when the file is opened from a NetworkDrive. is that the same in your case ?

Yep, I do have the scripts on a network drive. Thanks for confirming that it is a bug.

-Spook

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

• Developers

I am able to simulate the issue but I have no simple work-around. Tested several things but all didn't help.

Suggestions are welcome or else its something we have to live with :D

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am able to simulate the issue but I have no simple work-around. Tested several things but all didn't help.

Whenever I am in SciTE and I hit Ctrl-T it just moves the line that my cursor is on. I have tried sellecting all text and hitting Ctrl-T but nothing happens. I am at work and I still have this version: SciTE4AutoIt3 Version 1.71 Sep 10 2007 15:59:04. Is that why? I will try it out at home tonight where I keep the up-to-date versions running.

• Developers

Whenever I am in SciTE and I hit Ctrl-T it just moves the line that my cursor is on. I have tried sellecting all text and hitting Ctrl-T but nothing happens. I am at work and I still have this version: SciTE4AutoIt3 Version 1.71 Sep 10 2007 15:59:04. Is that why? I will try it out at home tonight where I keep the up-to-date versions running.

You need to install the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer first to get all these kind of goodies :D Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I found a workaround of sorts.... its kinda ugly. I was thinking it had to do with the network share "timing out" as they sometimes do so...

Since my scripts are all under a sub folder on a network drive. I made a script that creates a file in in that main sub folder every 10 seconds then deletes said file.

Like I said... ugly, but it seams to be working

• Developers

I have done some testing with SciTE in the debugger and it looks like there is a Filetime issue when using the networkdrives.

The test logic in SciTE is testing for the filedate being newer than the save date but for some reason it can happen that the file becomes "older"...

Give this version of SciTE a try to see if that works as expected. I changed the test from "GreaterThan" to "NotEqual" which seems to work for me.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...toIt3/SciTE.exe

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Initial testing looks like it is working for me.

Thanks Jos

I do occasionally have to tidy it twice to get it to function, but I had this issue with my "workaround" as well.

• Developers

Could you revert back to the original version of SciTE and use this Tidy version to see if that works better as well ?

:D

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

What Tidy version? were you going to attach something?

• Developers

What Tidy version? were you going to attach something?

Its getting late.... :D

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...utoIt3/Tidy.exe

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Nice work and thanks again.

I have not been able to duplicate the problem again since using the new Tidy.exe with the original SciTE.exe.

-Spook

• Developers

Nice work and thanks again.

I have not been able to duplicate the problem again since using the new Tidy.exe with the original SciTE.exe.

-Spook

cool :D

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.