Radio button state detection

I don't seem to be able to return values to determine if my radio buttons are on or off. I"m attempting to do some test automation and need to determine default states of these. I've got something that works with checkboxes, so that's not a problem. Some of the lines I've tried that don't seem to work are below. Note that a lot of them I've commented out while trying different approaches. (NOTE: I put a star in front of the important lines I tried)

Func Test_Default_Precision_List ( )

; Purpose: This function tests for the available values in the Default Precision

; list. If radio button for Significant Figures is in the selected state

; then the values should be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. If the radio button

; for Decimal Places is in the selected state, then the values should be

; 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. If either of these list conditions are wrong

; then the test fails. It assuems "Application Preferences" dialog is open.

_FileWriteLog( "Script_Log.txt", "-- Testing Default Precision list")

WinActivate("Application Preferences", "")

$handle = ControlGetHandle("Application Preferences", "", "$DEFAULT_PRECISION_DROPDOWN_TAG$")

_FileWriteLog( "Script_Log.txt", "-- ComboBox1 Handle is: $handle$")

$evaluated = _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCount ($handle)

_FileWriteLog( "Script_Log.txt", "-- Dropdown list contains: $evaluated$ items")

* ;ControlFocus("Application Preferences", "", "$SIGNIFICANT_FIGURES_RADIO_TAG$")

* ;$state1 = BitAnd(GUICtrlRead("[CLASSNN:Button10]"),$GUI_CHECKED)

* ;$state1 = GUICtrlRead ("$SIGNIFICANT_FIGURES_RADIO_TAG$" , 0)

* $state1 = GUICtrlRead("$Button10", 1)

_FileWriteLog( "Script_Log.txt", "-- STATE = $state1$")

* ; $state1 = ControlCommand ( "Application Preferences", "", "$SIGNIFICANT_FIGURES_RADIO_BUTTON$", "IsEnabled", "" )

;If $state1 = 1 Then

; _FileWriteLog( "Script_Log.txt", "-- Significant Figures radio button is currently selected")

;Else

; _FileWriteLog( "Script_Log.txt", "-- Significant Figures radio button is not currently selected")

; EndIf

EndFunc

Per the help file=

guictrlread:

For Checkbox, Radio control several states can be returned as $GUI_FOCUS and $GUI_CHECKED,. So use i.e. BitAnd(GUICtrlRead($Item),$GUI_CHECKED) to test if the control is checked.

Ok, maybe I'm not using the right syntax or something. The following line was in my original post

$state1 = BitAnd(GUICtrlRead("[CLASSNN:Button10]"),$GUI_CHECKED)

The only thing it seems to return is a "0" to the $state1 variable. Here's a grab from the info window for the dialog the button is located on.

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: Application Preferences

Class: #32770

Position: 272, 116

Size: 489, 489

Style: 0x94C800CC

ExStyle: 0x00010101

Handle: 0x0007041A

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Button

Instance: 10

ClassnameNN: Button10

ID: 2362

Text: Si&gnificant Figures

Position: 119, 218

Size: 120, 16

ControlClick Coords: 51, 15

Style: 0x50030009

ExStyle: 0x00000004

Handle: 0x00010468

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 445, 378

Cursor ID: 0

Color: 0x000000

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

C:\Program Files\Vernier Software\Logger Pro 3\startup.cmbl

&Browse...

Open Startup File as T&emplate

Open Startup File on File:&New

Default Folder:

C:\Program Files\Vernier Software\Logger Pro 3\Experiments\

Bro&wse...

&Allow Automatic Curve Fit:

Default Pre&cision:

Deci&mal Places

Si&gnificant Figures

Presentation:

Display &Larger Text on Screen

Thic&k Graph Trace Lines

Large &Toolbar Buttons

Use Color Famil&y For Same Sensor

Use One Color &Per Data Set

Update Screen Objects For Sensor Change:

For New &Files

For &Opened Files

Other:

Enable Motion Detector Li&ve Readouts *

Show Most &Recent Files

New Data Sets Have (&X, Y)

Auto&-backup

Automatically Store Runs

&Undo Levels:

Move Table Selection After Enter:

&Down

R&ight

&Help

OK

Cancel

&Startup File:

* Overridden by global setting

$state1 = GUICtrlRead("$Button10")

1= Checked

4= unChecked

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

$state1 = GUICtrlRead("$Button10")

1= Checked

4= unChecked

That doesn't seem to work either. I had already tried that actually, and it seems to return a zero whether the "Significant Figures" radio button is selected or not selected. Do you have to set focus to the thing first or something, because I tried that

early on and it changed the state of the radio button (which I don't want to happen).

The function GuiCtrlRead() takes a control ID as the input. So it would be:

$state1 = GUICtrlRead($Button10, 1) ; Without quotes!

The option 1 causes it to return the text value of the radio button, not its Checked/Unchecked state.

If you just want a boolean reply for Checked/Unchecked, use ControlCommand() with the "IsChecked" option instead.

If you want to refer to a control by ClassNameNN, the it would just be "Button10". If you want to specify by Class and Instance, it would be "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:10]". I don't think Class and Instance can be used in GuiCtrlRead() but it can in ControlCommand() for sure.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Ok, so far I've tried all of these with no success. What is going on? My dialog is up, I can read the ComboBox, and I can tell whether "Significant Figures" or "Decimal Places" radio button is selected because I'll get a different output, so I know that works. When it gets to the point where it needs to find the state of the radio button though, none of these seem to work. I always get the same value in "$state1" whether it's always a "1" or always a "0". Is the fact that I've put focus on the ComboBox1 so I could read it before doing the radio button check causing problems?

$state1 = BitAnd(GUICtrlRead("[CLASSNN:Button10]"),$GUI_CHECKED)

$state1 = GUICtrlRead ("$SIGNIFICANT_FIGURES_RADIO_TAG$" , 0)

$state1 = GUICtrlRead("$Button10", 1)

$state1 = GUICtrlRead("$Button10") ; returns a 0 always

$state1 = ControlCommand ( "Application Preferences", "", "[CLASSNN:Button10]", "IsEnabled", "" ) ; returns a 1 always

$state1 = ControlCommand ( "Application Preferences", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:10]", "IsEnabled", "" ) ; always a 1

$state1 = ControlCommand ( "Application Preferences", "", "Button10", "IsEnabled", "" ) ; returns a 1 always

$state1 = GUICtrlRead($SIGNIFICANT_FIGURES_RADIO_TAG); returns a 0 always

$state1 = GUICtrlRead(Button10) ; returns error dialog

$state1 = GUICtrlRead(Button10, 0) ; returns error dialog

The one I don't see on that list is

$state1 = ControlCommand ( "Application Preferences", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:10]", "IsChecked", "" )

Edit: Question, is this an AutoIt GUI or not?

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Ok, I think we got it. That last one seemed to work. This is it for anyone that might be having the same problem:

$state1 = ControlCommand ( "Application Preferences", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:10]", "IsChecked", "" )

So all in all it was just a syntax error. In answer to the question about it being an AutoIt GUI... "No", it's an application I'm building some automated scripts for.

Thanks for everyone's input on this.

In answer to the question about it being an AutoIt GUI... "No", it's an application I'm building some automated scripts for.

Thanks for everyone's input on this.

This accounts for why GUICtrlRead() didn't work.

Glad it helped.

George