Recording Wizard available?

Ferdie

I'm new to AutoIt and the language is a bit overwhelming although I'm getting their slowly. Software is great. Just wondered whether an attemp has been made to record activities in real time to generate a basic script of events that can then be edited to quicken the process of creating a script? :D

• 2 months later...

After you install Autoit with Scite (Text editor)...the script recorder is in the following location:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\ScriptWriter\AU3Record.exe

I recently downloaded the latest AutoIt version, installed it, and expected to find the AU3Record.exe in the location described. There is, however, no ScriptWriter folder nor AU3Record.exe in my installation. I carefully checked for missed settings during the installation, but nothing caught my attention indicating an optional component installation.

Paul

If you download the full version of SciTe from Here you should find Scriptwriter

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

If you download the full version of SciTe from Here you should find Scriptwriter

Thanks for the added link.

One curious question, though...

Why isn't this information readiliy available via any of the main AutoIt page links? It seems to me that this would be a feature many potential users would find interesting and useful.

Regards,

Paul

It is on the downloads page... where else should it be?

I guess I was looking for a more straight-forward link and descriptor than the SciTE link at the bottom of the main downloads page. It's great if you're familiar with the site and the jargon, but not very helpful when you're at the beginning of the learning curve trying to ferret information.

Thanks.

I guess I was looking for a more straight-forward link and descriptor than the SciTE link at the bottom of the main downloads page. It's great if you're familiar with the site and the jargon, but not very helpful when you're at the beginning of the learning curve trying to ferret information.

Thanks.

Please, the Scite4AutoIt3 download link is directly under the AutoIt3 download link. How more obvious can it be?

Please, the Scite4AutoIt3 download link is directly under the AutoIt3 download link. How more obvious can it be?

Spare the condescension.

To an outsider, the description language underneath the SciTE graphic on the downloads page is a bit foreign. So please bear with me while I learn jargon that is obvious to you.

And you're arrogant and presumptuous.

But I guess that's the only support you're capable of. Forget the friendly, helpful type.

Seen nothing of you yet except for bitching. So I can only give what you deserve so far. :)

• Developers

C'mon folks.. lets keep it friendly :)

I know it isn't easy to supply proper information for new people and welcome any idea on how to make things better but to be honest, most people have problems reading anyways.

We have chosen to add a lite version of SciTE4AutoIt3 to the AutoIt3 installer as a "nice" Notepad replacement but kept the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer separate, which I am maintaining as a separate project.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

most people have problems reading anyways.

I believe it is called selective reading... as not reading beyond a point of wanting to. We all can suffer that.

@Paul

No hard feelings from me. The links were there on the download page so you just simply overlooked them being there.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to reopen this thread, but I am having the same issue. I can't find the recorder.

Short version:

Could someone please just post a direct link to the actual download I need for Scite that includes the recorder utility for AutoIt.

Long version:

People seemed to point to this page:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/

I have gone to that page, and tried the following:

1. Clicked the "Download Editor" button on the left which takes you to the main downloads page for scite. On that page I downloaded and installed "SciTE4AutoIt3.exe" which was great, except it did NOT have the recorder (or at least I couldn't find it in the locations people mentioned, Alt-F6 also did nothing).

2. I used the link at the bottom of the page "http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html" and downloaded a windows installer, but again, I couldn't find the recorder.

So, could someone please just post a direct link to the actual download I need for Scite that includes the recorder utility for AutoIt.

• Developers

The recoder software is included and installed when you ran the installer.

Make sure you have a file open with an ".au3" file extension".

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The recoder software is included and installed when you ran the installer.

Make sure you have a file open with an ".au3" file extension".

Jos

Thanks for the quick reply! I did list two installers though, I assume you're referring to the one from step one.

Anyway, I didn't think this was relevant, but the machine I'm running it on is actually a virtual one in VMWare. I downloaded the installer again, and things still didn't work. Then I uninstalled everything (autoit related) and ran the installer once again. Now things are working :D

I have no idea what the problem was. It could've been the virtual machine, or a bad install, or who know...