Problem with auto installation

Greetings!

I am having this problem with AutoIT3. I am trying to create a auto installation feature on some programs i install on computers i sell, so that i dont have to be all the time in front of it simpy to press the enter kay. Anyways, here is the problem.

I saw a guide on how to make installations of programs slipstreamed into window's CD, and the dude on the vid showed how to make an addon of Foobar. The thing is that i follow his exact instructions, the script runs fine with no problems whatsoever, but when i compile it, it makes an .exe file about 1/4 of the original .exe and whenever i run it i get about 50 processes under the name of the .exe "in my case its winrar330.exe".

This is the code from AutoIT3:

; This will install Winrar 3.30 Corporate Edition

Run ( "Winrar330.exe" )

; Welcome

WInWaitActive ( "WinRAR 3.30 Corporate Edition" )

Send ( "{enter}" )

; Selection of Files to associate

WinWaitActive ( "WinRAR Setup" )

ControlClick ( "WinRAR Setup" , "" , "Button1" )

; Instalaltion Complete

WinWaitActive ( "WinRAR Setup" )

ControlClick ( "WinRAR Setup" , "" , "Button1" )

; Close Window with shortcuts

WinWaitActive ( "WinRAR" )

Send ( "!{F4}" )

I have absolutely no idea whats going wrong with the script since i am really new to this kind of stuff, so i was hoping you guru's would lighten me up :D

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Ferguson

Greetings!

I am having this problem with AutoIT3. I am trying to create a auto installation feature on some programs i install on computers i sell, so that i dont have to be all the time in front of it simpy to press the enter kay. Anyways, here is the problem.

I saw a guide on how to make installations of programs slipstreamed into window's CD, and the dude on the vid showed how to make an addon of Foobar. The thing is that i follow his exact instructions, the script runs fine with no problems whatsoever, but when i compile it, it makes an .exe file about 1/4 of the original .exe and whenever i run it i get about 50 processes under the name of the .exe "in my case its winrar330.exe".

This is the code from AutoIT3:

I have absolutely no idea whats going wrong with the script since i am really new to this kind of stuff, so i was hoping you guru's would lighten me up :D

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Ferguson

You didnt by any chance call the compiled script winrar330.exe ?

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Whenever i press Compile Script, it automatically "merges" -i supose- the original exe with the one containing the script. What it gives me is a 260KB exe instead of a 1300KB exe(the original one).

OK i renamed the compiled .exe and copied the original one into the folder and it works ok.

I hope it will work now :D

THanks for all your help!