Reading Text

Drew

Is there anything that could read text thats like, part of a image? I've here theres ways to go about it, but despite my searching, I can't figure it out. Heres a sample of what I'm trying to read is like.

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot153lj0.jpg

It's no different directly into the game. The AutoIt window tool doesn't read visible, or hidden text from it. Buts theres got to be a way. =( I'm just not quite smart enough to come up with the answer.

A Friend,

Dreu

Alright I've been doing some research on OCR's and a whole bunch of testing. I'm curious to know what OCR stands for?

That and do you know of any places where it explains its purpose and how it does what it does? I've found a bunch of examples, one of which DIRECTLY related to what I'm trying to do, but I would really like to understand how to do this for future reference, instead of just using someones example and moving on.

I've been searching for that to, but to no luck. Thanks for your help so far, you've got me moving in the right direction =).

Alright I almost decided to send you a private message with these questions instead, but maybe some other guys will have these questions too.

I found this example: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...2&hl=diablo

And to make it so I can run it when I have the text I want to read up on the screen, I wrote this:

HotKeySet( "`", "_Run")
HotKeySet( "{TAB}", "_Exit")

While 1
    Sleep( 1 )
Wend

Func _Run()
    Run( "Real_OCR.exe", @ScriptDir)
EndFunc

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

But it doesn't do anything visually, but it has a output file that it edits I believe with the text that it reads. Well, after every test thats blank. I've been trying to read the code to find out what I could be missing , but the codes written for Diablo. Any ideas?

Alright I almost decided to send you a private message with these questions instead, but maybe some other guys will have these questions too.

I found this example: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...2&hl=diablo

And to make it so I can run it when I have the text I want to read up on the screen, I wrote this:

HotKeySet( "`", "_Run")
HotKeySet( "{TAB}", "_Exit")

While 1
    Sleep( 1 )
Wend

Func _Run()
    Run( "Real_OCR.exe", @ScriptDir)
EndFunc

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

But it doesn't do anything visually, but it has a output file that it edits I believe with the text that it reads. Well, after every test thats blank. I've been trying to read the code to find out what I could be missing , but the codes written for Diablo. Any ideas?

You do know that every OCR is different? And if your game isn't diablo 2, then it isn't going to work...

Game is Diablo 2, and yes I understand that each OCR is different. I do my own research before asking for help, and the only help I ask for is for what confuses me.

Going on the knowledge that this was written specifically for the game I'm trying it on, It should be ready to go when using his compiled version. Nothing that I have to do to it than, right?

Alright this isn't even working with the .exe given , testing on the Images given. It's driving me crazy. I have all the newest AutoIt stuff.

you cant read becose they make it glitch and (i tryed to get colors it come all the sames u have to move and PAUSE then move again pause none stop to get colors )or the text is glitch back ground

i think you cant get the text

Hummm u think with a mode data folder you can get :D

ps : if you can say me :P

Edited by Xav