Detect Availble drives - then Mirror-Copy them..?

DEVIOUZ

Can someone please help me..??

I want to make an app the runs on a {XP PRO SP2 PC}

I want to make it run in an infinite loop constantly checking the PC for Available drives to copy every 30-Sec..

So How would I write a script that detects the currently available drive types on the OS then Simultaneously Mirror-copies the entire contents of each drive to a specific "Drive-Lettered-Folder" Ex.--> C:\DRIVES\%DRIVE-LETTER%\1\

then once the drive has been removed from the PC this folder C:\DRIVES\%DRIVE-LETTER%\1\ is renamed with a time-stamp.. Ex. C:\DRIVES\%DRIVE-LETTER%\2008-01-17__01.51.16-AM--Mon\

Can this be done at all with AutoIt v3..??

Thanks for anyones help...

Check out the following things in the help file, I think they should be able to do it for you if you are clever. And if you put a little effort into getting it working, I am sure someone will help you get it done.

While

IF

DriveGetDrive()

DirCopy()

DirMove()

Edited by SpookMeister

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Download autoit or find a way to view its helpfile.

Look under File,Directory and Disk Management (Under Function Reference)

If you like what you see, then start at the top and read Using Autoit (learn its limits) then read Tutorials section to learn how to program in it.

After that you will be well on your way to learning it and what you want to achieve.

And if you put a little effort into getting it working, I am sure someone will help you get it done.

eh, so like any help please..?? kinda confused here...

Your effort = 0, Our Help = 0. Hmmmm there is a correlation I believe.

People have given you places to look , and functions that also come with examples.

We would rather fix some bum a$$ code, then write it all from scratch. Show your trying and we will help.