Compare two files and display few colums from file two.

kris06

Hi all,

I have two files, (file1 and file2). file1 contains columns and rows of data which are actually filepaths for example

("\\vector\codereview\SIP\sipchannel.h"). several such filepath exists.

file2 contains

%sip% Roger Tony Tim

File2's first row contains the keyword for example %sip% (anything with sip, need wildcard here).

my objective is, the script should read file1 and file2 and for every occurance of "sip" in file1, it should return

the names of the reviewers (Roger Tony Tim) along with the filename.

I would really appreciate If somebody could help me acheive this. Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Kris

Hi,

I cuould try, but need you to post some truncated example files 1 and 2.

Best, Randall

Hi Randall,

Heres an example of file1 :

-------------------------------

//vecor/releases/4.5/SIP/MS/rtaudio.pjt

//vector/releases/4.5/dsp/MS/rtaudio/audio/wmspeech/v10_16bPK/common/com_wmsauxcode_16.c

Heres an example of file2:

-------------------------------

%/sip/% Tony Terry Andy

%/dsp_user/% Sam Andy

Thanks,

kris

Hi,

so is is the same line in each file?; else how do you identify which reviewer to use?

#include<file.au3>
local $sFile1=@ScriptDir&"\file1.txt",$sFile2=@ScriptDir&"\file2.txt",$sFileResult=@ScriptDir&"\results.txt",$c=FileDelete($sFileResult)
local $arFile1,$arFile2,$arResults[1],$c=_FileReadToArray($sFile1,$arFile1),$c=_FileReadToArray($sFile2,$arFile2),$k
redim $arResults[UBound($arFile1)]
for $i= 1 to UBound($arFile1)-1
    if StringInStr($arFile1[$i],"sip") then $arResults[$k]=$arFile1[$i]&"|Reviewer: "&StringReplace($arFile2[$i],"%/sip/%","")
    $k+=1
next
redim $arResults[$k-1]
_FileWriteFromArray($sFileResult,$arResults) ; bug with blank first line fixed in 3.2.11.0
run("notepad "&$sFileResult)
Best, Randall

Hi,

so is is the same line in each file?; else how do you identify which reviewer to use?

#include<file.au3>
local $sFile1=@ScriptDir&"\file1.txt",$sFile2=@ScriptDir&"\file2.txt",$sFileResult=@ScriptDir&"\results.txt",$c=FileDelete($sFileResult)
local $arFile1,$arFile2,$arResults[1],$c=_FileReadToArray($sFile1,$arFile1),$c=_FileReadToArray($sFile2,$arFile2),$k
redim $arResults[UBound($arFile1)]
for $i= 1 to UBound($arFile1)-1
    if StringInStr($arFile1[$i],"sip") then $arResults[$k]=$arFile1[$i]&"|Reviewer: "&StringReplace($arFile2[$i],"%/sip/%","")
    $k+=1
next
redim $arResults[$k-1]
_FileWriteFromArray($sFileResult,$arResults) ; bug with blank first line fixed in 3.2.11.0
run("notepad "&$sFileResult)
Best, Randall

Hi,

Thanks for efforts.

to answer the question, no the same line is not in each file. file2 actually contains the reviewer names.

example:

%/sip/% Tony Allen

file1 contains the actual filename.

example: "c:\release\review\sip\channel.h"

"c:\release\review\ms\isdn\trunk.h"

now, my script should parse through both file1 and file2 and create a results.txt file and write

into it as

c:\release\review\sip\channel.h Tony allen

so basically "sip" is the search criteria(file2). and whenever an occurence of sip happens in file1. it should give me the filepath and reviewer name, written to another file.

I am doing this to start implementing mandatory reviewers for each file.

Randall,

tried your code, and it doesnt write anythin to results.txt.

Thanks a ton,

Kris

i have attached sample file1 and file2. Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Kris

Randall,

The code does work. my mistake. file2 didnt contain "sip" keyword , hence the script dint write anythin. however

it still doesnt solve my problem. the same script needs to be changed so that, it doesnt look for one specific keyword in this

case "sip", insteads gets them from file2. and outputs the results to another file(same as the way ur code does).

this way, i would have all the filenames and their corresponding reviewers. not just for "sip" but for all those keywords.

contained in file2.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kris

OK!

here you go..

; sipper1.au3
#include<file.au3>
Local $sFile1 = @ScriptDir & "\file1.txt", $sFile2 = @ScriptDir & "\file2.txt", $sFileResult = @ScriptDir & "\results.txt", $c = FileDelete($sFileResult)
Local $arFile1,  $arResults[1],$sSearch,$c=_FileReadToArray($sFile1,$arFile1)
ReDim $arResults[UBound($arFile1)]

;find Array of search terms first;
$sFileRead2 = FileRead($sFile2)
$arSearchTerms = StringRegExp($sFileRead2, "(?m)^%(.*)%.*$", 3) ;[could do this looping through the file2 array and using "stringbetween"]
$arFile2 = StringRegExp($sFileRead2, "(?m)^%.*%(.*$)", 3);[could do this looping through the file2 array and using "stringbetween"]

;loop through lines of file1
For $i = 1 To UBound($arFile1) - 1

;loop through $arSearchTerms for checking each line
    For $j = 0 To UBound($arSearchTerms) - 1
        $sSearch=StringReplace($arSearchTerms[$j],"/","")
        If StringInStr($arFile1[$i], "\"&$sSearch&"\") or StringInStr($arFile1[$i], "/"&$sSearch&"/")  Then
            $arResults[$i] = $arFile1[$i] & @TAB& @TAB& StringReplace($arFile2[$j],@TAB," ")
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
Next
_FileWriteFromArray($sFileResult, $arResults) ; bug with blank first line fixed in 3.2.11.0
Run("notepad " & $sFileResult)oÝ÷ جµ§u©e2jëh×6$arResults[$i] = $arFile1[$i] & @TAB& @TAB& StringReplace($arFile2[$j],@TAB," ")
- I had "$i" near the end instaed of "%j"] Edited by randallc

OK!

here you go..

; sipper1.au3
#include<file.au3>
Local $sFile1 = @ScriptDir & "\file1.txt", $sFile2 = @ScriptDir & "\file2.txt", $sFileResult = @ScriptDir & "\results.txt", $c = FileDelete($sFileResult)

$arSearchTerms = StringRegExp($sFileRead2, "(?m)^%(.*)%.*$", 3) ;[could do this looping through the file2 array and using "stringbetween"]
$arFile2 = StringRegExp($sFileRead2, "(?m)^%.*%(.*$)", 3);[could do this looping through the file2 array and using "stringbetween"]

If StringInStr($arFile1[$i], "\"&$sSearch&"\") or StringInStr($arFile1[$i], "/"&$sSearch&"/")  Then
            $arResults[$i] = $arFile1[$i] & @TAB& @TAB& StringReplace($arFile2[$j],@TAB," ")
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
Next
_FileWriteFromArray($sFileResult, $arResults) ; bug with blank first line fixed in 3.2.11.0
Run("notepad " & $sFileResult)oÝ÷ جµ§u©e2jëh×6$arResults[$i] = $arFile1[$i] & @TAB& @TAB& StringReplace($arFile2[$j],@TAB," ")
- I had "$i" near the end instaed of "%j"]

Thanks, but theres still a problem. i get an error when i run it. attached screenshot will show u the exact error.

am just learning these file concepts , and frankly your script is still firing my brain pistons. Help me out. :D!

Thanks,

Kris

Hello Randal,

The Code works perfectly. I couldnt have asked for more !! Thanks for all the efforts, i just tweaked the search string

in your code and i got wht i wanted. Once again thanks :D!!

Rgds,

Krishna

#include<file.au3>

$arSearchTerms = StringRegExp($sFileRead2, "(?m)^%(.*)%.*$", 3);[could do this looping through the file2 array and using "stringbetween"]

If StringInStr($arFile1[$i], "\"&$sSearch) or StringInStr($arFile1[$i], "/"&$sSearch)  Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
Next
_FileWriteFromArray($sFileResult, $arResults); bug with blank first line fixed in 3.2.11.0
Run("notepad " & $sFileResult)
;$arResults[$i] = $arFile1[$i] & @TAB& @TAB& StringReplace($arFile2[$j],@TAB," ")