Web page suddenly causing fatal crash in module wininet.dll

Jdop

Was working fine for many months. Now crashing with an exception in wininet.dll.

The only change since the last time it ran (yest) was an install of the latest garbage from apple, quicktime ver 7.4

Edited by Jdop

• Developers

Care to share what the error message is ?

Did you try a systemrestore to yesterday before the install ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I've determined that there is some issue that was caused, probably by a quicktime update, but cant be sure.

I'm running XP sp2.

I've seen no other impact as yet on other apps, only this code I run in AutoIt. Crashing wininet.dll, but only on SOME web pages. Very odd. Tested same code another machine and its fine. I also tried another copy of wininet.dll, but no luck.

This is an AutoIt error box, not Windows.

The code that crashes is located in the IE.au3 include file. Line 483

Switch ObjName($o_object)

Case "IWebBrowser2"; InternetExplorer

Do

; Trap unrecoverable COM errors

If @error = $_IEStatus_ComError And __IEComErrorUnrecoverable() Then

$i_ErrorStatusCode = __IEComErrorUnrecoverable()

$f_Abort = True

EndIf

If (TimerDiff($IELoadWaitTimer) > $i_timeout) Then

$i_ErrorStatusCode = $_IEStatus_LoadWaitTimeout

$f_Abort = True

EndIf

Sleep(100)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as this case statement is entered, the error box pops up and it loops.

What's really odd, is I've loaded other complex pages, and they dont crash. Something on this page is hosing the dll.

http://www.trade-ideas.com/SingleAlertType/NLP/New_low.html

How to proceed here? I ran a dependancy trace and here's a portion of the output leading up to the crash, for those that can understand such things.

GetProcAddress(0x7E1E0000 [urlMON.DLL], "CoInternetCombineUrl") called from "MSHTML.DLL" at address 0x7DD171A1 and returned 0x7E1F6465.

GetProcAddress(0x771B0000 [WININET.DLL], "InternetCloseHandle") called from "URLMON.DLL" at address 0x7E1EBD6D and returned 0x771C4D9C.

LoadLibraryExW("C:\WINDOWS\system32\urlmon.dll", 0x00000000, 0x00000000) returned 0x7E1E0000.

GetProcAddress(0x7E1E0000 [urlMON.DLL], "RevokeBindStatusCallback") called from "SHDOCVW.DLL" at address 0x7E2A6102 and returned 0x7E1F5A6A.

GetProcAddress(0x771B0000 [WININET.DLL], "InternetCloseHandle") called from "URLMON.DLL" at address 0x7E1EBD6D and returned 0x771C4D9C.

GetProcAddress(0x771B0000 [WININET.DLL], "InternetReadFileExA") called from "URLMON.DLL" at address 0x7E1EBD6D and returned 0x771F82EE.

LoadLibraryW("C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll") called from "SHLWAPI.DLL" at address 0x77F7B1A3.

LoadLibraryW("C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll") returned 0x20000000.

GetProcAddress(0x7E1E0000 [urlMON.DLL], "CoInternetIsFeatureEnabledForUrl") called from "MSHTML.DLL" at address 0x7DD171A1 and returned 0x7E1EBB6E.

GetProcAddress(0x7E1E0000 [urlMON.DLL], "FindMimeFromData") called from "MSHTML.DLL" at address 0x7DD171A1 and returned 0x7E20E840.

Second chance exception 0xC0000005 (Access Violation) occurred in "WININET.DLL" at address 0x771B4621.

Exited "TRADEIDEAS_DANDD.EXE" (process 0xA4C) with code -1073741819 (0xC0000005).

==================== old message ========================================

Now running the latest, still getting the error.

AppName: autoit3.exe AppVer: 3.2.10.0 ModName: wininet.dll

ModVer: 6.0.2900.3231 Offset: 00004621

_IENavigate($oIE, $Url1) is the line that causes the crash

Just figured out this url , which has been fine for months is causing the crash

http://www.trade-ideas.com/SingleAlertType/NLP/New_low.html

Try this with the helpfile example GUICtrlCreateObj . Replace the url in the while loop with the above , and see if it doesnt crash for you when you press 'Home'

Wonder whats going on here? They must have changed the page overnight, but it loads fine in Firefox and IE

Edited by Jdop

Hmmm, no help from the wizards?

Rather than waste my life on this, I coded the routine to use a hidden , NOT an embedded browser. That seems to have cured the crash.

Have no idea what caused the problem.