Zip a folder

Ram

Hi,

I am looking for a way where I can zip a particular folder? Is this possible with autoit if so can you please direct me to some example please?

Awaiting your response!

Thanks!

Here's a link to a similar question a few hours ago. zip

But you should use the search facilities. It's easier that posting a question. In the 30 odd minutes since you created this thread you could have been working on applying what you found.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Here's a link to a similar question a few hours ago. zip

But you should use the search facilities. It's easier that posting a question. In the 30 odd minutes since you created this thread you could have been working on applying what you found.

Martin,

The link that you gave me, it is with regards to extracting Zip files.. and I am looking for zipping the folder..!! Anyways, I have searched for Zip udf's all I recieved was for extracting Zip files. Hence I had to open this case. I am still looking for the udf or any sort of example.. It would be really great if you can help me out!

Thanks!

Martin,

The link that you gave me, it is with regards to extracting Zip files.. and I am looking for zipping the folder..!! Anyways, I have searched for Zip udf's all I recieved was for extracting Zip files. Hence I had to open this case. I am still looking for the udf or any sort of example.. It would be really great if you can help me out!

Thanks!

This topic has several functions that use XP's native compressed folder functionality. It has some limitations and I prefer to use calls to 7-zip myself, but if you are on XP, these will work. Check out the whole topic because there were a lot of tweaks and suggestions as the topic went on.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

This topic has several functions that use XP's native compressed folder functionality. It has some limitations and I prefer to use calls to 7-zip myself, but if you are on XP, these will work. Check out the whole topic because there were a lot of tweaks and suggestions as the topic went on.

Yep I use XP.. and the above link example doesn't work right with latest version...get error in compression all the time. Wat is 7ZIp that you are talking about I can try taht out... can you help me?

Thanks!

Yep I use XP.. and the above link example doesn't work right with latest version...get error in compression all the time. Wat is 7ZIp that you are talking about I can try taht out... can you help me?

Thanks!

Just one of the handiest and most used open source projects out there: 7-zip.

(And a Google on it returns 358,000 hits...)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

So two questions:

1. when you use it with a script, do you use a command line process? (god tell me it's detailed in it's help file)

2. does it handle lzh compression with ease? (if so I just wasted most of my day, when I should have just asked PsaltyDS lol)

Thanks PsaltyDS...I also found one which does the same as 7-zip.org.. It is called picoZip and also has the command line feature which I have been looking. We have to install picozip and then install the commandline application from here

Works just fine!

Thanks a lot again!

Thanks PsaltyDS...I also found one which does the same as 7-zip.org.. It is called picoZip and also has the command line feature which I have been looking. We have to install picozip and then install the commandline application from here

Works just fine!

Thanks a lot again!

PicoZip may also work, I wouldn't know. According to their web site:

"One Zip utility for all your archiving needs ! Get your FREE fully-functional evaluation copy here !"

That's a stopper for me right there.

7-zip is free-as-in-speach, as well as free-as-in-beer, and has GUI, command line, and COM interfaces available.

Edited by PsaltyDS