Searching,

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your previous help,

I am looking to search for a specific file, Notes.exe, then use the containing folder to direct a setup executable,

Correct me if I am wrong, or there is a better way,

I first need to find the file,

Set the containing folder to a variable,

then use the variable to input, redirect, yadda yadda

eh??

thanx again all!!

Yes, Yes, Yes,

The "group" and I use that term loosely... has installed notes, where ever there was room, and I have plenty of places to look.

obviously they wouldn't install on CDrom drives, but I am sure there is atleast c: and d: but the possibilities there are others is still out there. As we are dealing with a user group with Newbies through developers, so the door is wide open on this one.

Larry, I used the scriptdir command, and it works real nice... just a note...

so, how do I skin this one? I am thinking my last list of operations over and prolly need to preface all of it with a drive search, list then search..

and what if I find 2???

I am forcing the install to the C:partition. and trying to get the group to support repartitioning anything, with a single drive into a single partition.

I even see the need to estimate diskspace... AHhhhhh!!!

What is your professional opinion??

Thanks again...

cw

Nice,

could you explain, Sorry, for the stupidity, just like to understand the syntax..

RunWait,%comspec% /c dir notes.exe /b /s > ~temp.txt, c:\\, hide

Runwait, is obvious, %comspec%, ?? and the switch /C, are these together? and what is the dosvariable? comspec? (am I right, that comspec is a DOS variable)..

I understand I think the rest... DIR Notes.exe /b /s (list the contents of and...) >(Redirect output to)... ~temp.txt, (in the directory of) C:\\, (you used 2 '\' because in reality you need only one but need to signify that it isn't a special character...), hide, you are going to hide the CMD window.. ( oooh is compsec the dosvariable to execute CMD??

FileReadLine,var,c:\\~temp.txt,1 (readline, and call that line var...)

StringLen,len,var (Ahh, just read this one, your getting a numerical value for the # of char's in the variable, var...)

IfEqual,len,0,Goto,error (Now this one makes sence.... But I will need to make an Error: section.... or just rename it to my error selections....

StringTrimRight,var,var,9 (since var is still a variable we can use it else where..)

;trim off the length of NOTES.EXE

MsgBox,4096,I found it in,%var% just for relaying the information onto the screen, I will reuse the trimmed variable to enter into an ini file with the IniWrite command...

Kewl I think I am comming along with this....

Sorry for the run through, just want to be able to understand what I am doing, as I am sure there will be many more of these..... and don't want to have to ask toooo many questions....

CW

Very nice,

I also have found another avenue

;Reading Registry...

RegRead,dataPath,REG_SZ,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,SOFTWARE\\LOTUS\\NOTES,DataPath

RegRead,Path,REG_SZ,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,SOFTWARE\\LOTUS\\NOTES,Path

Msgbox,0,Example, Datapath is %datapath%----- And your NotesPath is %path%

exit

My only need now would be to re-design the autoit script to send these variables...

Wow, I am liking this more and more....

Thanks again for all your help...