Window title bar problem

Champak

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Note, if it is needed, my guicreate looks like:

$GUIMain = GUICreate($Title, $GUIWidth, $GUIHeight, $GUIXPOS, $GUIYPOS)
GUICtrlCreatePic($Pic4, 375, 70, 230, 207, $WS_EX_LAYERED)
There is nothing wrong in the code you posted so there is something else further in. Did you possible use a GUISetStyle() statement when you meant to use GUICtrlSetStyle()?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

There is no style setting on my GUIs or the elements. The only thing I've done was make my labels transparent, and change the font type.

What do you get when you run this?

$Frm1 = GUICreate("My GUI", 200, 100)
GUISetState()
While 1
   If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then Exit
Wend

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
GUICreate("Title")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
   $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
      Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
         GUIDelete()
         Exit
   EndSelect
WEnd

Works here without any problem.

That shows fine. I guess it's something deep inside the coding. Before I go through a search of the script, can coding period affect the way the GUI looks, or will it strictly be some type of GUI styling or effects somewhere....even though I don't see any?

Note: I have multiple GUIs in this script if that matters.

Edited by Champak

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
GUICreate("Title")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
   $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
      Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
         GUIDelete()
         Exit
   EndSelect
WEnd

Works here without any problem.

Now lets analyze the difference between your posted code and mine.

You didn't set gui size I did but that makes 0 difference

You used a select statement for the GUIGetMsg() for the sake of a single case I used If GUGetMsg =

You used GUISetState (@SW_SHOW) I used GUISetState() because @SW_SHOW is the default.

You #included (depending on AutoIt version) from 69 to 649 constants so that you could use 1 I just used the value of that single constant that was to be used which is -3

You used GUIDelete() I didn't. Because I can guarantee you that the GUI is deleted when the script exits.

You used 11 lines of code (plus the constants count) to replace my 5 lines

Both your method and mine do exactly the same thing.

George

That shows fine. I guess it's something deep inside the coding. Before I go through a search of the script, can coding period affect the way the GUI looks, or will it strictly be some type of GUI styling or effects somewhere....even though I don't see any?

Note: I have multiple GUIs in this script if that matters.

Start by searching your code for any line that includes the text "SetStyle"

George