GUI on top of a another screen?

hi,

if I have a screen from an application with the buttons lables in English, can I put a GUI on top of it with Lables in another Language so if pressed it will send

the pressed input to the original application behind it?

Sounds possible to me. But first I would try to change the text on the buttons using ControlSetText. If you can't do that then your idea could work.

You would need to have the extended style $WS_EX_TOPMOST for the gui and use ControlClick to click the buttons on the window below. Rather than recreate the whole gui you could have a look at this thread so you only needed to create the buttons.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Sounds possible to me. But first I would try to change the text on the buttons using ControlSetText. If you can't do that then your idea could work.

You would need to have the extended style $WS_EX_TOPMOST for the gui and use ControlClick to click the buttons on the window below. Rather than recreate the whole gui you could have a look at this thread so you only needed to create the buttons.

HI martin how are you ?

But first I would try to change the text on the buttons using ControlSetText

I can't because it is an external application, not my own GUI.

HI martin how are you ?

I'm fine, hope you are too erezlevi.

I can't because it is an external application, not my own GUI.

Doesn't have to be your own gui, should work on external apps. You will need to get info on the control ID's using the AutoIt info tool.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I'm fine, hope you are too erezlevi.

Doesn't have to be your own gui, should work on external apps. You will need to get info on the control ID's using the AutoIt info tool.

Martin, what your sayin is that I can control the controls of the other application using ControlSetText? are you sure?

Martin, what your sayin is that I can control the controls of the other application using ControlSetText? are you sure?

How much would you like to bet?

HI it is under the Hidden Text, how can I change it from there? look at the attachment.

If you can read it with

$text = ControlGetText("Eriz Levi Zarin","", "[CLASS:ToolbarWindow32;INSTANCE:7]")

Then you should be able to change $text with something like StringReplace, then write it back using

ControlSetText("Eriz Levi Zarin","", "[CLASS:ToolbarWindow32;INSTANCE:7]",$text)

If you can read it with

$text = ControlGetText("Eriz Levi Zarin","", "[CLASS:ToolbarWindow32;INSTANCE:7]")

Then you should be able to change $text with something like StringReplace, then write it back using

ControlSetText("Eriz Levi Zarin","", "[CLASS:ToolbarWindow32;INSTANCE:7]",$text)

Hi, well it only gets the "Visible text" but not the "Hidden Text", so maybe I will need to use $WS_EX_TOPMOST with the buttons. the question is how do I make the GUI to link itself to the background window (of the other application) incase the user move that window meaning moving it with it. I think I can use the one Bret wrote two days ago.

Hi, well it only gets the "Visible text" but not the "Hidden Text", so maybe I will need to use $WS_EX_TOPMOST with the buttons. the question is how do I make the GUI to link itself to the background window (of the other application) incase the user move that window meaning moving it with it. I think I can use the one Bret wrote two days ago.

Try it after

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)