Inetgetsize

ahha

Okay I'm not doing something very basic. Ping command in program works so Internet connection is fine.

Tried using help example program:

$size = InetGetSize("http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/update.dat")

MsgBox(0, "Size of remote file:", $size)

Problem is program does nothing. Clicking on tools shows it's still executing (forever).

Do I need any #includes ??

Okay I'm not doing something very basic. Ping command in program works so Internet connection is fine.

Tried using help example program:

$size = InetGetSize("http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/update.dat")

MsgBox(0, "Size of remote file:", $size)

Problem is program does nothing. Clicking on tools shows it's still executing (forever).

Do I need any #includes ??

Works fine for me; says 449. Have you got IE installed?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Yes IE7.

What happens if you open IE and put the url in the address bar and press enter?
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

What happens if you open IE and put the url in the address bar and press enter?

It comes back with File Download box which shows

Name: update.dat

Type: datu_auto_file, 449 bytes

Then open save cancel butons

This is what's driving me crazy. I must be doing somehing very basic wrong (in 2 lines of example code :D

Update - Okay just did a clean install of autoit on another machine and the code works - so something wrong with my setup. I'll remove autoit and do a clean install.

Latest - uninstalled, did reg clean, and did new install. Same problem. Both machines XP pro so I'm guessing an Windows update is messing it up. Did observe that I cannot kill the AutoIt3.exe process from the program. It really is hung bad.

Edited by ahha