TCP not connecting

pligor

I am not exactly sure maybe it's not possible to connect to yourselft but when I'm trying to use the two standart fuctions which come with autoIt 3, TCP receive and TCP send I get this error code: 10060. This is not the case when I try to connect using a local ip. For instance my 10.0.0.1 computer can connect with the 10.0.0.2 laptop. But when I use a wan ip, let's say 76.382.12.4 I get this error message and cannot connect. I have a normal dynamic ip adsl connection. I also have a speedtouch modem router and I have configured the port which i'm testing, for example the 7382 port to be forward to the computer that plays the server part. So is it just that? I cannot connect to my own wan ip or is it something else? Thanks and hello to all since i'm new here :D

No definately the port is not already in use. I tried several ports and I used a little program called "current ports" to check out which applications are using which ports. Thanks for the notice. I still haven't make it to work..

I am not exactly sure maybe it's not possible to connect to yourselft but when I'm trying to use the two standart fuctions which come with autoIt 3, TCP receive and TCP send I get this error code: 10060. This is not the case when I try to connect using a local ip. For instance my 10.0.0.1 computer can connect with the 10.0.0.2 laptop. But when I use a wan ip, let's say 76.382.12.4 I get this error message and cannot connect. I have a normal dynamic ip adsl connection. I also have a speedtouch modem router and I have configured the port which i'm testing, for example the 7382 port to be forward to the computer that plays the server part. So is it just that? I cannot connect to my own wan ip or is it something else? Thanks and hello to all since i'm new here :D

Are you trying to connect to yourself, i.e. is the client also the server?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Having client and server on the same port will make it in use....

nope, as the client does not LISTEN on that port. So client and server on the

same machine is no problem at all.

BTW: 10060 is a timeout!

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I am sorry because I hadn't mentioned that I was trying all of this in windows vista.

I did another test of this in windows xp and what happened is that for the local ip worked ok but for the wan ip this new happened. The server would close right after the client would try to connect. I guess I have to put many MsgBox() functions (isn't this the common way to debug in AutoIt??) to see which part of the code makes the server exit. For instance if you are on the client side and you right nothing (it's like sending an empty string "") the server exits the same way. Keep posted