System Properties Settings

Send("#{Pause}")

WinWaitActive("System Properties")

Send("{RIGHT 3}")

Send("!s")

WinWaitActive("Performance Options")

Send("{TAB}")

I just want to be able to uncheck certain options. I could just check "Adjust for best performance" and then re-check the options I want, but is there a way to do a specific uncheck? Or do I have to use the spacebar?

Please write back soon.

Send("#{Pause}")

WinWaitActive("System Properties")

Send("{RIGHT 3}")

Send("!s")

WinWaitActive("Performance Options")

Send("{TAB}")

I just want to be able to uncheck certain options. I could just check "Adjust for best performance" and then re-check the options I want, but is there a way to do a specific uncheck? Or do I have to use the spacebar?

Please write back soon.

Hmm...

This should be a good time to use the GuiTreeView.au3 UDF, but I hit a snag:

; Assumes the Performance Options dialog is already open...

#include <GuiTreeView.au3>

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

; Find window
WinWait("[CLASS:#32770; TITLE:Performance Options]")
$hWin = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:#32770; TITLE:Performance Options]")
WinActivate($hWin)
WinWaitActive($hWin)

; Find control
$hSysTV = ControlGetHandle($hWin, "", "[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:1]")
$iItemCount = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetCount($hSysTV)
ConsoleWrite("Debug: $hWin = " & $hWin & "  $hSysTV = " & $hSysTV & "  $iItemCount = " & $iItemCount & @LF)

; List items
$hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetFirstItem($hSysTV)
For $n = 0 To $iItemCount - 1
    $sText = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetText($hSysTV, $hItem)
    $boolChecked = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetChecked($hSysTV, $hItem)
    ConsoleWrite("Debug:  Index: " & $n & "  Handle: " & $hItem & "  Text: " & $sText & "  Checked: " & $boolChecked & @LF)
    $hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetNext($hSysTV, $hItem)
Next

It seems to work, but I get False back for every call to _GuiCtrlTreeView_GetChecked():

>Running:(3.2.10.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Temp\Test\Test1.au3"   
Debug: $hWin = 0x00070274  $hSysTV = 0x0001028C  $iItemCount = 16
Debug:  Index: 0  Handle: 0x000C2DD0  Text: Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 1  Handle: 0x000C3D40  Text: Fade or slide menus into view  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 2  Handle: 0x000DF7F0  Text: Fade or slide ToolTips into view  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 3  Handle: 0x000C3E90  Text: Fade out menu items after clicking  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 4  Handle: 0x000C3320  Text: Show shadows under menus  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 5  Handle: 0x000C2FF8  Text: Show shadows under mouse pointer  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 6  Handle: 0x000C3810  Text: Show translucent selection rectangle  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 7  Handle: 0x000C3148  Text: Show window contents while dragging  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 8  Handle: 0x000C2E00  Text: Slide open combo boxes  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 9  Handle: 0x000C3FE0  Text: Slide taskbar buttons  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 10  Handle: 0x000C34E0  Text: Smooth edges of screen fonts  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 11  Handle: 0x000C3630  Text: Smooth-scroll list boxes  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 12  Handle: 0x000C3B88  Text: Use a background image for each folder type  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 13  Handle: 0x000DFC68  Text: Use common tasks in folders  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 14  Handle: 0x000C39E0  Text: Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop  Checked: False
Debug:  Index: 15  Handle: 0x000DF7C0  Text: Use visual styles on windows and buttons  Checked: False
+>15:47:47 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

So I can list the items and get handles to them, but checking their state and changing it doesn't work yet...

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

"Oh, bother..." -- Alton Brown, 'Good Eats'

I asked GaryFrost about the checkboxes, and that GUI appears to be a custom job with non-standard checkboxes (or maybe just graphics instead of checkboxes). If they are graphics, you can use the UDF to check those, just a different way, so I'm going to experiment some more...

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Good point. But this SysTreeView32 control has ticked me off and won't escape that easily!

Thank you weaponx for your input, but that link didn't really help too much. I want to disable certain boxes, not all of them. I thank everyone else for their help so far. I suppose the worst case scenario is that I set it to best performance and then go into the check box section and check the ones that I do want. If anyone can figure it out though, AWESOME. Thank you to everyone.

Didn't get it with _GUICtrlTreeView_GetStateImageIndex(). The index is 0 every time.

Worse, I tried to get the selected states with this:

; List items
$hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetFirstItem($hSysTV)
For $n = 0 To $iItemCount - 1
    $sText = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetText($hSysTV, $hItem)
    $iSelected = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetSelected($hSysTV, $hItem)
    ConsoleWrite("Debug:  Index: " & $n & "  Handle: " & $hItem & "  Text: " & $sText & "  Selected: " & $iSelected & @LF)
    $hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetNext($hSysTV, $hItem)
Next

It crashed AutoIt:

AppName: rundll32.exe    AppVer: 5.1.2600.2180   ModName: comctl32.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2900.2982    Offset: 00037d6b

And generated a Dr. Watson error:

EventType : BEX  P1 : drwtsn32.exe   P2 : 5.1.2600.0     P3 : 3b7d84a2
P4 : dbghelp.dll     P5 : 5.1.2600.2180  P6 : 4110969a   P7 : 0001295d
P8 : c0000409    P9 : 00000000