Pass Variable from HTA to Autoit.exe

I am looking to pass a variable that is a recordset out of VBScript to an AutoIT EXE, is this possible?

Hi, I was looking to move "strings" between an application from VBScript to AutoIT and the oposite and did it using the _SendMessage and GUIregisterMsg.

I am not sure passing Var is possible, duo.

You don't share enough information about what you are doing and how you are doing it to really be helpful, but here is one way:

$oSC = ObjCreate("ScriptControl")

$oSC.language = "VBScript" ; or Javascript (or perlscript...)

$val = $oSC.eval(VBScript-code)

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I thought I could get away with the short version of what I am trying to accomplish, but I guess not.

Here is the whole project:

HTA has a drop down box with all users in the domain.

We have a database of all the users of which computers they log into since they move around so frequently.

When you choose a user and click the button it searches the database for the last logged on user then,

Suppose to launch Remote Assistance and populate the textbox with the result of the last logged on user, which the recordset is oRS(0)

It is not doing it with Sendkeys, but it does it with VBS file, and AutoIT does the same thing...

hmmm... maybe this is a security issue of IE7???

You don't share enough information about what you are doing and how you are doing it to really be helpful, but here is one way:

$oSC = ObjCreate("ScriptControl")

$oSC.language = "VBScript" ; or Javascript (or perlscript...)

$val = $oSC.eval(VBScript-code)

Dale

Dale I don't think you can do it on the oposite side. you can only create object that VB has registered to windows. what if he wants to move a string to the AutoIt script? I think only Windows Message with Structure will help here.

I don't follow your descitions at all... @erezlevi, if you understand what he is doing you are welcome to take it from here.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble