AutoItting Kerio PErsonal Firewall

PeterdeB

Hi Guyz!

After I managed to automate IrfanView + IrfanView plugins installation using AutoIt I moved on to Kerio Personal Firewall but after a couple of hours of trying to get it work I give up for now and hope one of you can help me out.

The problem appears before the last install screen pops up with the finish button to click on. The setup halts there with autoit icon visible and paused. I then have to manually click the finish button after which it continues and clicks No right after the Restart Dialog Pops up. It then starts the setup once again but I completely fail to see where it goes wrong.

Run("Setup.exe")

WinWaitActive("Choose Setup Language")

AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 200)

Send("{TAB}{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Kerio Personal Firewall - InstallShield Wizard")

Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}")

Send("{UP} {TAB 2}{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}") > after this last Enter it takes a while before the Finish screen pops up and my guess is that the problem is seated right there

WinWaitActive("Kerio Personal Firewall - InstallShield Wizard") > I'm not sure about this one, cause the title doesnt change only it takes a while for the Finish screen to pop up and become active

Send("{ENTER}") > This is the Finishbutton Enter I have to do manually

WinWaitActive("Kerio Personal Firewall Installer Information")

Send("{TAB} {ENTER}")

The italic tekst isnt part of the script ofcourse just to point out where it goes wrong.

Can someone help me out on this Kerio setup?

My regards and tnx in advance,

Max respect to all of you!

Peter

Have you used AutoIt Window Spy over the finish button to see what it says? If you have let me know what it says. If not try it and let me know what information is on that screen.

Set some message boxes like so... I bet it is sending that enter before it is supposed to... Try your code as the following...

Run("Setup.exe")

Send("{TAB}{ENTER}")

Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}")
Send("{UP} {TAB 2}{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}")
MsgBox(0, "Active", "Window is considered active")

Send("{ENTER}")
MsgBox(0, "Enter", "Sent Enter Hope it was right time")
Send("{TAB} {ENTER}")

I hope that gives you some debug info, if it doesnt I hope the spy will.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Hi JS!!

Tnx for your rapid reply!! I did not use that spy program but will use it right away. As for your comments > I'm going after Kerio right away, your comment inspires me to tackle this stubborn Kerio :)

I'll get back to you right after testing ok?

My regards and max respect!

Peter

Hi JS!

The Send ENTER is sent too early, cause WinWaitActive signals that the window is (still?) active right after the 2 TABS en 3 ENTERS are given. I used the spy program to uncover some information but didnt find anything odd as far as I could see:

ClassName: MSIDialogCloseClass

Class: Button1

Text: &Finish

Do we need to use the Sleep command perhaps or does this information tell you anything useful to solve this matter some other way?

My regards and once again tnx for the effort you put into helping me!

Peter

Or perhaps change this:

Into this:

WinWaitActive("Kerio Personal Firewall - InstallShield Wizard", "&Finish")

Send("f")

I'll go ahead and try this (the kerio program is installed on another pc which I use for testing purposes)

My regards,

Peter

Run("Setup.exe")

Send("{TAB}{ENTER}")

Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}")

Send("{UP} {TAB 2}{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}")

Send("f")

WinWaitClose("Kerio Personal Firewall - InstallShield Wizard")

Send("{TAB} {ENTER}")

// This one workzzz!! BUT > it loops the install so that's the only thing we need to solve

Regards,

Peter

Okay I am sure that works. What do you mean your code is looping? (You did exactly what I would have told you to on the &Finish, very nice).

It seems you are learning fast... that is good! :)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Hey JS!!

Tnx for your response I'm thankful for the effort you put into helping me out really!

> The looping thing > well the setup I start with the autoit compiled exe automatically (?) starts over and over again. I had the same problem when I automated Irfanview but have no idea what made it stop right after the job is done. The setup runs in a continuous loop and I really need to interfere manually.

You checked my code and helped me out on tackling the problem which prevented the finish screen from being clicked > I figured that if the code I supplied was written in a way which would cause it to loop endlessly you would have corrected that problem already.

Has it something to do with the fact I compile the script into an exe and do the testing by starting the compiled au3 file perhaps? Should I test with the au3 script instead of the exe?

Tnx for your compliment and hopefully my message gets through. The script now workzz but it keeps on running the setup exe file > ofcourse the second run halts since then Kerio setup discovers it is already installed after which the different screens appear so the second setup runs into the configuration screen of Kerio in an attempt to alter what is installed.

My regards and respect JS!

PeterdeB

Just try the following (adding an Exit at the end :))

Run("Setup.exe")

Send("{TAB}{ENTER}")

Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}")
Send("{UP} {TAB 2}{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}")

Send("f")

WinWaitClose("Kerio Personal Firewall - InstallShield Wizard")

Send("{TAB} {ENTER}")

Exit

I hope that helps.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

perhapes one of the {enter}'s get throu explorer window where your scripts exe is still marked and runs it...

ensureing that only 1 instance (example is in the docs) could help but its no solution ( ... would be no solution for me :) )

CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

• Developers

Hi JS!

I added the Exit but it doesnt seem to care at all. Perhaps implementing a WinClose or WinWaitCLose?

Regards,

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you start the kerio2.exe from the Explorer or from Run ?

If you are running it from the Explorer, could you try to start it from Run and see what happends ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

perhapes one of the {enter}'s get throu explorer window where your scripts exe is still marked and runs it...

ensureing that only 1 instance (example is in the docs) could help but its no solution ( ... would be no solution for me :) )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 minds ... 1 though .... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi Picasso!

That could very well be the case I guess although I didn't know 'things' worked that way it would surely explain the probs I experienced with automating IrfanView since after 'some stumbling' with the numerous ENTER's it suddenly stopped rehearsing the setup. To find out how to allow but one instance I'd have to dive into the documentation although I agree with you that that wouldn't be an acceptable solution given the above scenario.

Thanks for your response!

Then JdB!

Do you start the kerio2.exe from the Explorer or from Run ?

If you are running it from the Explorer, could you try to start it from Run and see what happends ?

Yes I can and I started the kerio2.exe from the explorer by doubleclicking > I will now start it from RUN and will get back right after.

Tnx in advance for your assistance!

My regards,

I'll be back within the blink of an eye!

Peter :)

• Developers

Then JdB!

Yes I can and I started the kerio2.exe from the explorer by doubleclicking > I will now start it from RUN and will get back right after.

Tnx in advance for your assistance!

My regards,

I'll be back within the blink of an eye!

Peter :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reason for my request was to see if an Enter would start the program again... Like Picasso explained..... and this should prove that .....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Reason for my request was to see if an Enter would start the program again... Like Picasso explained..... and this should prove that .....

Oh then I misunderstood completely. As for Larry's post > I presume it's okay for me to copy the script and use it to install stubborn Kerio?

Regards and a big thank you for all the replies you sent!

Peter