Some InputBox help please

skyee

DIM $USER
$USER=InputBox ( "User", "Enter username:")
run("net localgroup Network Configuration Operators domain\$USER /add")

^^ this is the code, but it's not functioning. First, I think it doesn't even grab $USER parameter, secondly the command should be like:

net localgroup "Network Configuration Operators" domain\$USER /add - note the quotation marks on the group! without them, you cannot add user to that group.

I'd appreciate very much for helping me with this piece of code, since I'm a beginner - and have problems as such :D

DIM $USER
$USER=InputBox ( "User", "Enter username:")
run("net localgroup Network Configuration Operators domain\$USER /add")

^^ this is the code, but it's not functioning. First, I think it doesn't even grab $USER parameter, secondly the command should be like:

net localgroup "Network Configuration Operators" domain\$USER /add - note the quotation marks on the group! without them, you cannot add user to that group.

I'd appreciate very much for helping me with this piece of code, since I'm a beginner - and have problems as such :D

Use single quotes to include double quotes in the string. And you won't get variable substitution if it's quoted as a string. So that should be:

Run('net localgroup "Network Configuration Operators" domain\' & $USER & ' /add')

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Use single quotes to include double quotes in the string. And you won't get variable substitution if it's quoted as a string. So that should be:

Run('net localgroup "Network Configuration Operators" domain\' & $USER & ' /add')

:D

Thank you very much! I was so near the solution, heh. Tried to play around with quotation marks myself but as I see I failed miserably :P)