Send event

skyee

So presumably, I have this line of code:

RunWait("\\server.local\Software\_Install\_Default\1\AdbeRdr811_en_US.exe ")

This command executes the installer. Along with this command, I'm wondering if it's possible using send() function to allow AutoIT to click buttons "Next" or "Agree" instead of user intervention? Like a recorded macro or something? Suggestions welcome :D

So it should be:

RunWait("\\server.local\Software\_Install\_Default\1\AdbeRdr811_en_US.exe")
controlclick("Adobe Reader 8.1.1 - Setup", "text", controlID [, Next [, 4 [, x [, y ]]]]

I'm not quite sure what to put in "text" and ControlID and x,y? How do you know coordinates? :D

Edited by skyee

So it should be:

controlclick("Adobe Reader 8.1.1 - Setup", "text", controlID [, Next [, 4 [, x [, y ]]]]

I'm not quite sure what to put in "text" and ControlID and x,y? How do you know coordinates? :D

AutoIt Window Info

(also check out the help file - it is very helpful) :P

Mhh, this is furstrating me :D

ControlClick("Adobe Reader 8.1.1 - Setup", "&Next >",4081 [,Button1 [, 1, 382, 281 ]]]] )
        ControlClick("Adobe Reader 8.1.1 - Setup", "&Install >",4334 [,Button1 [, 1, 306, 324 ]]]] )

This is what i came up with, but i'm guessing it's way wrong since ControlClick should be somehow integrated with RunWait command? I know this looks stupid but I've only started using AutoIt few days ago... :P Besides, isn't there simplier way to do this or do you really need coordinates and all that? ;) that's why I was thinking about send() function...

Edited by skyee

No, you don't need the coordinates, just the numbers should do it. Also, it looks like you had the wrong Control ID (you had the one for the cancel button).

ControlClick("Adobe Reader 8.1.1 - Setup", "",4276)
ControlClick("Adobe Reader 8.1.1 - Setup", "",4334)

Now you might also need to put some Sleep codes in there to make sure it doesn't click too fast.