GUICtrlGetHandle

Hello all,

In the Help file it is written in GUICtrlGetHandle that :

ListViewItems and TabItems are managed through indexes.

To get the index of these items use DllCall() and DllStructCreate().

I would like to know how to get handle from a TabItems. please? (an example of sctipt with the dll...)

and where to start to learn how to work with DLL by ourself when we do not know anything ? (I looked already but did find anything good !)

Thanks

Cramaboule

Hello all,

In the Help file it is written in GUICtrlGetHandle that :

I would like to know how to get handle from a TabItems. please? (an example of sctipt with the dll...)

and where to start to learn how to work with DLL by ourself when we do not know anything ? (I looked already but did find anything good !)

Thanks

Cramaboule

That help file entry needs updating. The required calls to get item indexes and work with them were put into UDFs in PaulIA's AU3 Library, which were then standardized by GaryFrost and included with AutoIt. Look in the help file at the _GuiCtrlTab_* functions, and crack open the GuiTab.au3 UDF file to see how they work.

:D

Edit: Updated verbiage per Gary.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

That help file entry needs updating. The required calls were put into UDFs in PaulIA's AU3 Library, which were then standardized by GaryFrost and included with AutoIt. Look in the help file at the _GuiCtrlTab_* functions, and crack open the GuiTab.au3 UDF file to see how they work.

:D

Might want to re-think that.

Tab Items are by Index only, there are no handles to get.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Might want to re-think that.

Tab Items are by Index only, there are no handles to get.

I know I lost one afternoon to look for that !!!!

I checked several possibilities but didn't find any thing.

I would like to put in a tab the _GUICtrlListView_Create, but need a hanle for that, not an index neither an controlID...

if anyone knows how to do that .....

I know I lost one afternoon to look for that !!!!

I checked several possibilities but didn't find any thing.

I would like to put in a tab the _GUICtrlListView_Create, but need a hanle for that, not an index neither an controlID...

if anyone knows how to do that .....

Just use GuiCtrlCreateListView.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Just use GuiCtrlCreateListView.

Hum,.... yes of course but there is some extention that looks nice that I would like !!!! :-)

(sorry for the late answer, I do not have IE all the time !)