New To OCR

elhefe

Hi im new to AutoIT and im trying to use it to do something if certain part of the screen changes, so far i've been able to extract that part of the screen to an image file using ScreenCapture.au3. But thats not exactly what i want since im gonna be checking it a lot i dont want to be savin pics al the time, but i do want is to be able to get a pixelcolor from the HBITMAP ScreenCapture returns, but i haven't found how to do it.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thnx in advance

I think all i can donate here is an IDEA...

don't try "Reading" instead try to learn how can one achieve a working, dynamic, flexible & fast image matcher in AU3, the rest will be easy :D

once you'll be able to compare images in a flexible way you'll be able to wrap-up an OCR of some sort!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

@weaponx

That functions is not nearly to be what you would call - Flexible, Dynamic Or fast !!!

he needs some other way that he'll be able to manipulate since the idea of an OCR is to recognize letters even if there are lil differences between what the OCR already knows and the picture it self...

anyhow PixelChecksum() also gives different checksums for different locations on the screen and who would've want that ?!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

@weaponx

That functions is not nearly to be what you would call - Flexible, Dynamic Or fast !!!

he needs some other way that he'll be able to manipulate since the idea of an OCR is to recognize letters even if there are lil differences between what the OCR already knows and the picture it self...

anyhow PixelChecksum() also gives different checksums for different locations on the screen and who would've want that ?!

Pixel checksum is meant for exactly this. You store a "control" checksum of an area, then compare PixelChecksum() in a loop until the checksum changes. This lets you know the image in that area has changed.