"Works with Windows Vista" logo

I think it would be a bit of a lie. AutoIt certainly plays nice with Vista but things written in AutoIt may not, just like any other program. Individual scripts might be writing to directories they shouldn't or writing to HKLM. If AutoIt were certified or whatever, I think it would be confusing because people would see these scripts that aren't playing by Vista's rules, see that AutoIt claims to be certified, and wonder why we are lying (not realizing that it's not our fault).

No argument there...

It's just that I am unrelentingly asked by emplyers if AutoIt is Vista compatible. I usually respond with "Yes, of course it is. And it is even tailored for Vista."

I am just thinking it would add validity to my statement if I could direct these people to an official list.

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy

Direct those people to me so I can point out they need to learn the difference between "software" and "software language" and then point out that any given AutoIt program is only as Vista-compliant as the author made it just like every other piece of software ever written since the beginning of time.

I can think that as I say smething else... my paycheck has some direct relation to my diplomacy.

Any link to any official looking website that gives a favorable impression about AutoIt's relationship with Vista would accelerate AutoIt's corporate acceptance. I think...

But, at least I cracked one nut (my company), as we are using AutoIt in a foundational way in our managed software package deployment.

Lar.

Edited by LarryDalooza

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy

Larry tell IBM to buy Autoit :D

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• 2 weeks later...