AutoEd Beta release

lookfar

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/lookfar/autoed-beta.zip

November 23rd,2004

Out of Alpha state and into Beta 1:

added syntax check(Thanks to AutoIt3 Syntax Checker v1.12, Tylo ) syntax errors are piped to console output window, syntax errors are highlighted automatically .

added run Autoit with /ErrorStdOut switch to pipe output to console window

errors are highlighted automatically.

by right click in console window, error lines can be saved to file,double click in window will toggle breakpoint/highlight line if needed again.

todo: dynamic code explorer, form designer in beta 2

Have a lot of fun!

Looks really nice :)

But: tried to run a script file using f9 and got a message box

"Error reading the file C:\Dokumente".

The file is stored into "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\....", so perhaps its a missing " in the command line.

Pressing F8 (syntax check) gives me the syntax Options for the syntax checker.

Pressing F8 several times (fast) sometimes produces a messagebox

"C:\Douente und Einstellungen\exbag\Eigene Dateien\autoed-beta\Bin\au3check.exe -v 2 C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\exbag\Eigene Dateien\autoed-beta\tmp.au3 doesn't exist."

It's a german win2k system.

Best regards

Marc

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

@Marc:

The program uses delphi standards of "ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)"

which results in the folder that the application is stored in. I'm not sure about a German System. I would suggest you install it to a shorter path, perhaps "C:\AutoEd"

and see if that resolves it for you. Regarding the errors when pressing F8 fast, is because the editor saves the current active file to "tmp.au3" first, your simply not giving it enough time.

@josbe:

I have implemented #CS,#CE and #Comment_start and #Comment_End for block comments I just haven't programmed it in yet.

The Update option for Autocheck Defs have not been implemented, actually I know very little about programming in AutoIt (zero) , so bear with me.

I think the issue with Includes is file path, does AutoIt include statements support full path?

This is where I need some feedback:

presently the active file is saved to the current folder where AutoEd is installed to as "tmp.au" (that is why it cannot find include file). I was reluctant to save temp files in users folder but I can do so , IE: you open file in

X:\some folder\some sub folder\MyFile.au3, I can save it as :

X:\some folder\some sub folder\~MyFile.au3, then it will find all includes etc...

I just don't like deleting files all over the place after for clean up.

should I leave them?

@lookfar

When moved to the root dir, it works. It just does not work as soon as a Space is included into the path. If it is stored into c:\a beta\ we will get a message box "c:\a is not found".

So I suppose the error is not into the ExtractFilePath command but into the command which starts the script...

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

I have implemented #CS,#CE and #Comment_start and #Comment_End for block comments I just haven't programmed it in yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fine. :)

The Update option for Autocheck Defs have not been implemented, actually I know very little about programming in AutoIt (zero) , so bear with me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right. But, I said because the definitions files need to update. (GUI* functions, etc) You could take a reference from this: Au3Check

I think the issue with Includes is file path, does AutoIt include statements support full path?

This is where I need some feedback:

presently the active file is saved to the current folder where AutoEd is installed to as "tmp.au" (that is why it cannot find include file). I was reluctant to save temp files in users folder but I can do so , IE: you open file in

X:\some folder\some sub folder\MyFile.au3, I can save it as :

X:\some folder\some sub folder\~MyFile.au3, then it will find all includes etc...

I just don't like deleting files all over the place after for clean up.

should I leave them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I found that problem with paths which normally use the files located in the "AutoIt3\Include" directory (standard libraries).

:)

@lookfar

When moved to the root dir, it works. It just does not work as soon as a Space is included into the path. If it is stored into c:\a beta\ we will get a message box "c:\a is not found".

So I suppose the error is not into the ExtractFilePath command but into the command which starts the script...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good find, It was the space alright, I added string quotes around the command parameters so now c:\a beta becomes "c:\a beta" and it gets around that little bug.

uploaded new build (same zip file)

Thanks for pointing that out.

Well, I found that problem with paths which normally use the files located in the "AutoIt3\Include" directory  (standard libraries).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahh , I thought you first meant an #Include <directive> inside a script.

Ok..AutoEd is now reading the registry to find HKLM\Software\HiddenSoft\AutoIt3\InstallDir

and gets the path from there..then AutoIt defaults are used

New build uploaded to reflect changes.

Thanks for the bug report.

Hi lookfar,

when running a script via F9, I get a "Registry Reading Error".

At least on my system, it's because HKLM\Software\HiddenSoft\

does not exist....even after re-installing AutoIt 3.103.

cu

Marc

Hi lookfar,

when running a script via F9, I get a "Registry Reading Error".

At least on my system, it's because HKLM\Software\HiddenSoft\

does not exist....even after re-installing AutoIt 3.103.

cu

Marc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True. The registry key locations have changed.

SlimShady is correct, latest beta uses

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt]
"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files\\AutoIt3"
Maybe you could search old key, and if not exist, then use new key? But the target directory is the same.

Maybe you could search old key, and if not exist, then use new key?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. I wouldn't do that.

Like JdeB does with his Aut2Exe wrapper, I suggest you read the new key first.

If it doesn't exist then you read the old key.

Because there are people (like me) who update the beta version manually and forget to remove the old registry keys.

Edited by SlimShady

• Developers

Sorry, SlimShady, do not understand the issue. Both keys have this information.

"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files\\AutoIt3"
What is your point. The solution reaches the same result?

Sp long as the solution works without failure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its propbably better to check for the new registry key first, else there could be an issue when regkeys change in the future and the program is still going to the Old key first.

In CompileAU3 .exe, i didnt had a choice since that retrieves the "LastIcon" from the registry and i want that to be the latest one from the New registry keys when they exist.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@lookfar

Do what you think is best. Because tomorrow things can change. Who knows, you call it as is. Sometimes, there is no clear solution, but good support is to update when required. I'm sure Jon made the change, for the good. So JdeB is right in a way? So long as your editor works. :)

Personally, I like to see your project small and mobile. If possible. Like Autoit on the run. Maybe not?, but sounds cool.

Yeah. A standalone application without installation.

And keep using an ini file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree...

new build uploaded, that gets around the registry issue altogether.

I added a new tab in the Options to point to AutoIt3.exe and Au3Check.exe and save that info to INI file.

right now they have defaults that should run as is but I added error checking that If file doesn't exist it informs the user to set it up in the options..

Thanks for all the feedback

Uploaded a new build today that addressed the problem of the Auto Completion Proposal window staying in focus while empty of items. while not 100% effective, when it does stay up a tap on the space,esc or enter closes it.

the trigger chars: @{abcdfgimprsw

should not be so much of a problem when typing code.

Have fun.