FORUM SETTINGS?

Hey,

I've posted in this forum before and am wondering if maybe I am doing something wrong or my settings are wrong or something. As with my previous posts, I have received no replies. I see other posts receive replies within seconds. Are my settings wrong or are my questions unclear? The two questions I have posted are from today under General Help and Support, "Dynamic Tray Menu Refresh", and from November of last year, also in General Help and Support, "TV Card Controls".

What gives? :D This is the first forum that I have ever belonged to and it is definitely within the realm of possibilities that I have no idea what I am doing. So, maybe someone can buy me a vowel and give me a clue.

Thanks.

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."                                      - Stephen Hawking                                        "...not the ability to exploit others."                                                  - OldCoder

Tips to reciving a reply:

Ask a question, use lots of detail when explaining your problem. If we don't know whats going on, many of us won't help.

Wherever possible, include code. Having code that we can play with, means we can help.

Do your research. If you were looking for the value of $WM_APPCOMMAND or $GUI_ON_EVENT_CLOSED then you could google it, or search the forum. Also if you are asking a question look for some sort of program that does this, do you research as well. Search for it.

And if you get no replies after 3-4+ hours, just give it a friendly bump. But don't abuse the bumps. Because then your topic will get locked.

Thats all I can think of right now :D

Cheers

Brett

Hey Bert;

Thanks for your speedy reply. It would be my first. LOL. As far as research goes and searching this forum first, I do that. I really don't want to waste anyones time by asking questions that have already been answered. I see forums such as these as a "last resort", since there are probably people out there who could use your help more then me.

In my "TV CARD CONTROLS" question I used script examples and definitely had done a buttload of research.

In my last topic from today, "DYNAMIC TRAY MENU REFRESH", I think I did plenty of research and posed my questions fairly clearly.

I know the questions are probably fairly hard, or why else would I be asking. LOL. Well, I'll just keep hacking away and see what may come.

Thanks again.

:P:D

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."                                      - Stephen Hawking                                        "...not the ability to exploit others."                                                  - OldCoder