Need help with loop

mafioso

Hello. I am trying to make a logger for my PC. It logs Firefox's title and writes it to the line. But here's the problem : I've created an infinite loop, and script keeps writing to file for ex. hundreds and hundreds of lines while still on the same page. Here's the code, I hope you will understand what I want through code (read comments) :

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

While 1
WinWait ("Mozilla Firefox")
$title = WinGetTitle ("Firefox")
$file = FileOpen ("logs.txt", 1)
FileWriteLine ($file, "Firefox opened at " & @MDAY & " (day in the month) " & @HOUR & " (hour) " & @MIN & " (minutes) " & "Firefox's title: " & $title & " {END OF LOG}" & " -----------")
$readline = FileReadLine ($file, 1)
$readline2 = FileReadLine ($file, 2)
---If $readline & readline2 are same, then pause the filewriting (while WinGetTitle is still working) UNTIL $title changes---
WEnd

So, if $readline & $readline2 are same, I need to pause the writing to the file (something like pausing the loop). WinGetTitle still needs to check, and when $title changes (look at filewriteline), continue loop. I hope you understood me...really hard to explain...When $title changes, then FileWriteLine will write different line (3rd line) than the 1st line...ah...

Hello. I am trying to make a logger for my PC. It logs Firefox's title and writes it to the line. But here's the problem : I've created an infinite loop, and script keeps writing to file for ex. hundreds and hundreds of lines while still on the same page. Here's the code, I hope you will understand what I want through code (read comments) :

While 1
WinWait ("Mozilla Firefox")
$title = WinGetTitle ("Firefox")
$file = FileOpen ("logs.txt", 1)
FileWriteLine ($file, "Firefox opened at " & @MDAY & " (day in the month) " & @HOUR & " (hour) " & @MIN & " (minutes) " & "Firefox's title: " & $title & " {END OF LOG}" & " -----------")
$readline = FileReadLine ($file, 1)
$readline2 = FileReadLine ($file, 2)
---If $readline & readline2 are same, then pause the filewriting (while WinGetTitle is still working) UNTIL $title changes---
WEnd

So, if $readline & $readline2 are same, I need to pause the writing to the file (something like pausing the loop). WinGetTitle still needs to check, and when $title changes (look at filewriteline), continue loop. I hope you understood me...really hard to explain...When $title changes, then FileWriteLine will write different line (3rd line) than the 1st line...ah...

maybe lookup Do..Until
While Alive() {
	 DrinkWine();
}
AutoIt Programmer

Just don't write anything in the first place if the title hasn't changed. Also, the title may not contain "Mozilla Firefox", so use the handle. Also, also, the _FileWriteLog() function will add a date/time stamp automatically. Also, also, also, you need a way to exit when the window closes:

#include <file.au3>

Global $file = "C:\Temp\FFLog.txt"

WinWait("Mozilla Firefox")
Global $hFF = WinGetHandle("Mozilla Firefox")
Global $sTitle = WinGetTitle($hFF)
_FileWriteLog($file, "Firefox open, title = " & $sTitle)

While WinExists($hFF)
    $sNewTitle = WinGetTitle($hFF)
    If $sNewTitle <> $sTitle Then 
        $sTitle = $sNewTitle
        _FileWriteLog($file, "Firefox changed, title = " & $sTitle)
    EndIf
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

_FileWriteLog($file, "Firefox closed.")

:P

Edit: Sleep() added so ReaImDown doesn't fry any more RAM... :D

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 1 month later...

Just don't write anything in the first place if the title hasn't changed. Also, the title may not contain "Mozilla Firefox", so use the handle. Also, also, the _FileWriteLog() function will add a date/time stamp automatically. Also, also, also, you need a way to exit when the window closes:

#include <file.au3>

Global $file = "C:\Temp\FFLog.txt"

WinWait("Mozilla Firefox")
Global $hFF = WinGetHandle("Mozilla Firefox")
Global $sTitle = WinGetTitle($hFF)
_FileWriteLog($file, "Firefox open, title = " & $sTitle)

While WinExists($hFF)
    $sNewTitle = WinGetTitle($hFF)
    If $sNewTitle <> $sTitle Then 
        $sTitle = $sNewTitle
        _FileWriteLog($file, "Firefox changed, title = " & $sTitle)
    EndIf
WEnd

_FileWriteLog($file, "Firefox closed.")

:party:

u missed some sleeps...it will use 99% of the cpu :) (I learned that the hard way, I fried some ram) :)
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]