Getting around the IE Error dialog box

sherkas

When you have a script navigating or doing any IE commands on a IE window that ends up getting that data error (When you have a page with input boxes and it refreshes, it gives you an IE error dialog box).

Does anyone have some work arounds with it or ways to deal with it without using mouseclicks on a X/y coord?

I cant seem to close the IE window or find a way to get rid of it. The problem is once it comes up, it doesn't accept any _IE funcs, and then it wont get closed by any kill process functions either. So how do I click ok or cancel on it or get rid of it or prevent it??

Im stuck on this one....

I want to try that, but Im unsure how to proceed. Here is what the autoit window summary shows:

(The IE window goes blank, and shows a dialog box that has 'Retry' Or 'Cancel' as options. If you manually use your mouse and click on the IE in the tray, it brings the IE up but you can only click on the dialog box.

For the IE window:

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: Blank Page - Windows Internet Explorer

Class: IEFrame

Position: -4, -4

Size: 1288, 940

Style: 0x1DCF0000

ExStyle: 0x00000100

Handle: 0x000C0850

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Internet Explorer_Server

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: Internet Explorer_Server1

ID:

Text:

Position: 0, 85

Size: 1280, 808

ControlClick Coords: 622, 218

Style: 0x56000000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x00080800

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 622, 322

Cursor ID: 2

Color: BGR: 0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10: Internet

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

Command Bar

Favorites Command Bar

Navigation Bar

Page Control

Live Search

Search Control

Blank Page - Windows Internet Explorer

Zoom Level

ITBarHost

Menu Bar

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

Live Search

For the dialog box:

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: Windows Internet Explorer

Class: #32770

Position: 456, 405

Size: 374, 165

Style: 0x94C801C5

ExStyle: 0x00010101

Handle: 0x0041051C

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Button

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: Button1

ID: 4

Text: &Retry

Position: 107, 106

Size: 75, 23

ControlClick Coords: 25, 7

Style: 0x50030001

ExStyle: 0x00000004

Handle: 0x002C0450

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 591, 540

Cursor ID: 2

Color: BGR: 0x000000

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

&Retry

Cancel

To display the webpage again, Internet Explorer needs to

resend the information you've previously submitted.

If you were making a purchase, you should click Cancel to

avoid a duplicate transaction. Otherwise, click Retry to display

the webpage again.

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

So, at the point I get this error, I have the browser in a handle already, however as it shows the error is a different handle.

So how would I get that error window incase they have several IE windows open?

Heres my logic, let me know if its good (will work on this tonight code wise and see if its works)

1. Detect when error pops up (done)

2. Get a list of all window handles (need help on that)

3. Check each window for the error text control.

4. If so, click the button control.

That is how it should work right? Im having some troubles seeing a way to get a list of all windows and handles so I can check for this particular IE error box.

Edited by sherkas

HEres my code so far:

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

$newhandle = WinGetHandle( "Windows Internet Explorer", "&Retry" )
ControlClick("Windows Internet Explorer", "&Retry", "[ID:4]", "left", 1)

It detects the windows handle but the control click is not working.... IVe tried "[Text:&Retry" and all combos but I cant seem to get this button clicked.

• 1 year later...

Hi.

I've just now got to the exact problem.

After refresh IE asks to Cancel or Retry in a pop-up window.

This window occurs like previously said, only when IE decides to "refresh".

I'm not sure i can catch this window 100% of the time, so i thought maybe its best

to cancel IE auto-refresh so this problem will not be encountered ?

( or maybe remove a security feature that asks that question... )

HEres my code so far:

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

$newhandle = WinGetHandle( "Windows Internet Explorer", "&Retry" )
ControlClick("Windows Internet Explorer", "&Retry", "[ID:4]", "left", 1)

It detects the windows handle but the control click is not working.... IVe tried "[Text:&Retry" and all combos but I cant seem to get this button clicked.

When you have a script navigating or doing any IE commands on a IE window that ends up getting that data error (When you have a page with input boxes and it refreshes, it gives you an IE error dialog box).

Does anyone have some work arounds with it or ways to deal with it without using mouseclicks on a X/y coord?

I cant seem to close the IE window or find a way to get rid of it. The problem is once it comes up, it doesn't accept any _IE funcs, and then it wont get closed by any kill process functions either. So how do I click ok or cancel on it or get rid of it or prevent it??

Im stuck on this one....

See exmple 2 for _IEAction

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I have found the ultimate solution. ( I hope )

I dug deeper into it, and found that IE asks that question if there are forms on the page,

to prevent people from accidently double buying.

Winwait commands are fine, but i dont know when this refresh will happen, so i have to put winaits all around my code,

to hunt this before every _IE command ( my code is travian bot, which means allot of winwaits... ).

There is a solution that removes this Retry/Cancel dialog in the first place:

right click my computer / advanced / error reporting / check - no reporting, only major errors.

( unless one may think that this "feature" will really prevent double buying... )

I'll be glad if someone finds a way to performs this automatically ( in the registry ?! ) and return the status back in the end.

Ciao

See exmple 2 for _IEAction

Dale

• 3 weeks later...

That doesn't work

I use Russian locale and script don't want to find characters in window (IE standard refresh dialog)

The only things affected by local language in that example are the Window title text and the Button text. You should be able to adjust it for your language.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble