Help with downloading functions

para

I was reading through the online documents on autoit and I came across a function for downloading from a site.

Is it possible to make it so when the script is run, it

a) is hiddin from the quick launch tray(by the clock)

:) downloads and executes files from websites that i determine.

c) possibly download and execute the files in some kind of "ghost" mode so that you wouldn't see the files being downloaded or opened.

d) wait till there is an active internet connection(dial up user) before attempting to download

If all these are possible, wow...

Let me know, and if at all possible, please give me a quick tutorial on the functions i will need to use, or a link to some were that will tell me.

Thanks alot for all your help.

-Para

Not a virus, maybe a prank, mostly just a learning expierence. I don't care if there is a prompt, just like, leave it downloading off screen.

I would most likely end up using this to download alot of differant files from differant locations at once, for instance music/pictures/expansions for games.

I don't plan to use somthing like that for a virus, if i was going to do thata, why not just send the virus....

thanks, got any ideas on what functions are used?

I would definately suggest reading the helpfile included when you downloaded AutoIt. Everything you have asked is there. Hiding the tray icon, downloading a file, etc.

EDIT: Nobody here will do it for you, but if you try and post some code if you have problems, then we can help debug non-working code.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

larry, u have helped me before, i dont understand were that came from.

i did not say i would use it as a prank, thats a waste of time, i said it could be used as a prank...

i did not mean to ask it in a rude manner, sorry...