New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.75

Jos

• Developers

1/26/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer.

Change summary:

- SciTE 1.75

- Changes in directory structure to better organise files.

- Lots of changes to better support Vista.

- Rewrite of LUA scripts by Valik and my additions to it.

- Many utility upgrades and additional supported directives.

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of al extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Jos

01/26/2008
*** Updated SciTE v 1.75 (Neil Hodgson)
*** Updated LUA Functions:
    - Added directory LUA with several files containing the set of new LUA scripts written by Valik and 
            modified by me to be backwards compatible and included the missing functions.
        - Added color which identifies word type to the AutoComplete ToolBox. (Valik)
        - Automatic adjusting horizontal scrollbar. (Valik)
        - The GotoFunc will not search in Commented lines. (Valik)
        - Many internal improvements. (Valik)
    - Added Dynamic tools update checking if AutoIt3 Beta is installed and only showing the tools when it is.
    - Added Ctrl+Shift+J which will jump back (multiple levels) to the spot where a last Ctrl+J was done.
    - Removed old LUA scripts file AutoIt3.LUA.
    - Added support for "autocomplete.au3.disable=" to allow the switch off off the AutoComplete functionality with AutoIt.
*** Updated Tidy.exe v2.0.23.8 (JdeB)
    - Added: Proper spacing around square brackets.
    - Added: Proper casing the known # Directives.
    - Added: Copy the Description found on #Region and add it to the #EndRegion line. 
             This can be switched off by parameter /Skip_EndRegion_Comment or /serc
    - Added: /Skip_EndFunc_Comment or /sefc to stop the addition of the text to the EndFunc statement. 
    - Added: /Skip_commentblock or /scb which will leave #cs-#ce commentbock alone.
    - Fixed: BUG with /SF not properly detect #ce.
    - Fixed: BUG with /SF sorting Funcs commented in a #cs-#ce block.
    - Fixed: BUG with invalid added space when variable ends with underscore character.
    - Fixed: BUG with invalid added space in For when it contained negative numbers after TO and STEP.
    - Fixed: Issue when running Tidy on a file located on a networkdrive not detecting it being changed.
    - Update: internal change to handle the added "?x" at the end of the new AU3.API layout
*** Updated Obfuscator.exe v1.0.24.11 (JdeB)
    - Added: /SV /StripUnusedVars; Remove All "Global ???" Lines when all declared variables are unused by the script. 

(Default = 0)
    - Added: /StripOnly option which will strip your script from all unneeded Funcs and Global Variables.
             This will be a spacesaver for your output EXE when you are using standard (many) include files.
            /So or /StripOnly Will set the options to: /SF /SV /CV=0 /CF=0 /CS=0 /CN=0
    - Fixed: Error when TABs are used Infront of Func statements causing Invalid Functionnames.
    - Fixed: issue with finding Include files in some occasions.
    - Fixed: Error for OnAutoItExit() when specified in: Opt("OnExitFunc", "OnAutoItExit")
*** SciTE4AutoIt3 Installer
    - Added: The Installer will run SetAcl to change the ACL/security for the SciTE install directory and files to "Full" for
             the groups "Users" and "Power Users" avoiding security issues when updates need to be made to au3.properties etc.
    - Moved all Properties file into the SciTE\Properties directory.
    - Moved SciTEConfig into the SciTE\SciTEConfig directory.
    - SciTE Desktop shortcut will not be created anymore by the installer.
    - Updated: SciTE program Icon replaced with the version created by Saunders.
    - Updated: Recompiled SciTE with changed Manifest to run SciTE "asInvoker".
    - Updated: Changed the override flag for LUA and most Properties to IfDiff. 
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui/AutoIt3Wrapper v1.9.5.2 (JdeB)
    - Added: Check for ResHacker path in Registry to allow the use of the Installer created by GEOSoft.
    - Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64 directive to compile using the x64 bin.
    - Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI which will run MakeCUI supplied by piccaso and included MakeCUI in the installer.
    - Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel to set the output program Manifest to:   
        ;None, asInvoker, highestAvailable or requireAdministrator   (default=None)
    - Added: Show Environment information in the Console output to assist with debugging.
    - Fixed: Issue with full path definitions for Ico and Outputpath.
    - Fixed: Reshacker install now also works with Vista
    - Fixed: show correct version for au3check in the GUI.
*** Updated Updatedefs.exe v1.4.3.3 (JdeB)
    - Fixed: install issue with Vista
*** au3.Properties
    - Added selective display for the Beta tools.
    - Change description lines so the SciTEConfig Tools menu will not update the some tools.
Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

I'm getting an error when trying to run the SciteConfig

From Scite: permission denied.

Directly: not a valid win32

mmm, recompiled it and it looks fine now, so don't know what happened there.

The installer is updated and uploaded again,

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Thanks so much for the update. Huge list of changes!

Question, can I do an upgrade to the last version, or should I uninstall and reinstall because of the directory changes?

Just install it on top of the existing installation works too..... it will rearrange the files for you :D

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm having some trouble with the abbreviations.

If i install (Install with installer) to my usb drive, it work fine. Abbreviations automaticly expand, et cetra. But if i restart (Thus erasing all registry entries, shortcuts, etc) the abbreviations still get highlighted in red, but I cannot expand them. Not by pressing space, or Ctrl+B.

Any way to fix this?

I have a few(?) questions...

* About the user calltips, Is there any way to inlarge the popup menu? i mean the menu with suggestions to insert when we start to type function characters.

* How can i "tell" to SciTE to remember set preferences? i need that it will remember "Wrap" option, and that when i start SciTE it will always close all folds. Also i would like that SciTE will remember search entries, at least last 'N' entries, so i will be able to search in other opened scite windows the same request.

I know i can set these (not sure about last one) options via SciTEGlobal.properties file (if i set fold.on.open=1 for example), but is there any way that this will be remembered from the SciTE menu?

And also i think i found a few bugs(?)...

* If we type this in SciTE:

If $Var = 1 Then $Var = Run( _"test")

and put the cursor between _ and "test", and press Enter, we will see that tes and t are seperated with Tab on the new line.

* If we type only EndSwitch, then press Enter, we will see that EndSwitc and h are seperated with Tab too :P

* If we type this:

If 1 = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", "")

and press Enter after the line ends, we get new line with Tab, wich is not correct i think. In this case, the Tabs should be added as much as there is tabs before our line with the condition. But in this case there is no tabs before the line, it's start from the begining.

P.S

And one more question/sugestion about Tidy (not sure, maybe it's already implemented) - it would be great to have an option to Tidy only selected part of the code in SciTE, is this possible? or it's already there but i can not find it? :D

Thanks, and sorry if something (or all) of that is already solved/discussed.

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

* About the user calltips, Is there any way to inlarge the popup menu? i mean the menu with suggestions to insert when we start to type function characters.

* How can i "tell" to SciTE to remember set preferences? i need that it will remember "Wrap" option, and that when i start SciTE it will always close all folds. Also i would like that SciTE will remember search entries, at least last 'N' entries, so i will be able to search in other opened scite windows the same request.

I know i can set these (not sure about last one) options via SciTEGlobal.properties file (if i set fold.on.open=1 for example), but is there any way that this will be remembered from the SciTE menu?

and put the cursor between _ and "test", and press Enter, we will see that tes and t are seperated with Tab on the new line.

* If we type only EndSwitch, then press Enter, we will see that EndSwitc and h are seperated with Tab too :P

* If we type this:

and press Enter after the line ends, we get new line with Tab, wich is not correct i think. In this case, the Tabs should be added as much as there is tabs before our line with the condition. But in this case there is no tabs before the line, it's start from the begining.

P.S

And one more question/sugestion about Tidy (not sure, maybe it's already implemented) - it would be great to have an option to Tidy only selected part of the code in SciTE, is this possible? or it's already there but i can not find it? :D

For your first "Bug", I seem to recall this being discussed previously and Jos solving the issue in the latest release. I could be wrong. What version of Scite4AutoIt are you using?

For your suggestion about Tidy, I don't see any benefit to cleaning up only a portion of your code. What do you feel this would accomplish?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

What version of Scite4AutoIt are you using?

The version from AutoIt 3.2.10.0 (it says 1.71, but i sure it's a typo, because in earlier version it says 1.74 :D ).

What do you feel this would accomplish?

For example, i have large script, i want to pull out only a small part and show to my friend (or here on the forum), but i want to show it Tidy :P , so instead of Tidy all script, i will select the needed part, call Tidy, and copy that part after it's tided.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• Developers

I'm having some trouble with the abbreviations.

If i install (Install with installer) to my usb drive, it work fine. Abbreviations automaticly expand, et cetra. But if i restart (Thus erasing all registry entries, shortcuts, etc) the abbreviations still get highlighted in red, but I cannot expand them. Not by pressing space, or Ctrl+B.

Any way to fix this?

Not sure what a reboot would change here....

Where is the abbrev.propeties located to make it work the first time ?

SciTE looks for it in @UserProfileDir\abbrev.properties as far as I know..

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I am using the standard SciTE version and don't know of a way to change that.

As you mentioned, you will need to set them manually since I didn't put support for the in SciTEConfig because I doubt they be used that much for scripting. SciTE itself has no option to save the made changes during the session.

Don;t think there is an option to save searches between session either.

* If we type this:

Try sound like the OLD lua scripts, are you sure you are using the latest SciTE4AutoIt3 installer supplied files ?

P.S

For example, i have large script, i want to pull out only a small part and show to my friend (or here on the forum), but i want to show it Tidy ;) , so instead of Tidy all script, i will select the needed part, call Tidy, and copy that part after it's tided.

Tidy runs against the saved file, not the content of the SciTE buffer, so no that is not possible. Easiest solution in my mind is to Cut&past the portion into a new .au3 file and do Ctrl+T

The version from AutoIt 3.2.10.0 (it says 1.71, but i sure it's a typo, because in earlier version it says 1.74 :P ).

That means you are running the SciTE Lite version and not the latest supplied with the full installer of SciTE4AutoIt3.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Shwoa. I just installed the stable version of SciTe (was using the beta before) and now i have a whole new mess.

Now the abreviations expand, but at the same time, a new buffer opens whenever i type a space after an abreviation.

so i type gc{space}

I get GUICreate() on the first buffer, then a second empty buffer appears on my screen. So i have two tabs, and only one of them has what i need on it :D

• Developers

Shwoa. I just installed the stable version of SciTe (was using the beta before) and now i have a whole new mess.

Now the abreviations expand, but at the same time, a new buffer opens whenever i type a space after an abreviation.

so i type gc{space}

I get GUICreate() on the first buffer, then a second empty buffer appears on my screen. So i have two tabs, and only one of them has what i need on it :D

Did you save the file first as xyz.au3 ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Don;t think there is an option to save searches between session either.

There is an "Issue" on that one (on google) ;) - Neil Hodgson rejected the propose if i understand correctly, but i personaly think that every text editor should have full remembered history for search, most editors do have.

Try sound like the OLD lua scripts, are you sure you are using the latest SciTE4AutoIt3 installer supplied files ?

I am using the one that supplied with latest AutoIt, are they not the same? :P

Tidy runs against the saved file, not the content of the SciTE buffer, so no that is not possible.

Is there any chance that this will be added (as option) sometime in the future? :D

P.S

Sorry for the late repply.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• Developers

I am using the one that supplied with latest AutoIt, are they not the same? :P

Nope, AutoIt3 contains the Lite version of SciTE without any extra's ... You need to load the laterst SciTE4AutoIt3 installer to get all the new/updated goodies:)

Is there any chance that this will be added (as option) sometime in the future? :D

Don't really see that is going to happen anytime soon plus the fact that I cannot see the big use of it ..

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.