New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.75

Jos

• Developers

With My Scripts...Tidy Does Nothing...I Guess Im So Perfect! Yeah Yeah...I Know I Am!

(Gotta love these contributions ... ) Yes you must be a vey good coder !!! :D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Hmm... Again, abbreviation expansion stops working. Now i realize it's after i close-restart SciTe.

Hmm. This is quite the conundrum. Maybe i should divide by 0. It'll put bigger problems on my mind :D

What is the "none standard" setup you have ?

Just stating that something stops working doesn't tell me anything so cannot help you based on that info...

I have explained how it works so its very easy to check why something stopped.

- You need the latest SciTE4AutoIt3 instalkled that contains SciTE v1.75

- You need the LUA scripts in the LUA subdir.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The non-standard setup i have is i'm running SciTe from Linux using Wine.

Abbreviations are the only things that are not working.

I have SciTe 1.75 installed on a USB disk. The Abbr file and all LUA files are in their places. If i reinstall, it works fine on the first run, then it's all downhill. No abbreviations are functional.

• Developers

What portion of abbrev's is not working ?

- do they show RED?

- What do you get when doing Ctrl+B on a abbrev? does it expand?

- Do you see all abbrev when opening the abbrev.properties vie the Options/"Open Abbriveations file" ?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

What portion of abbrev's is not working ?

- do they show RED?

- What do you get when doing Ctrl+B on a abbrev? does it expand?

- Do you see all abbrev when opening the abbrev.properties vie the Options/"Open Abbriveations file" ?

Jos

ONLY the expansion.

They do show red.

Ctrl+B Does nothing.

I do see all abbreviations when i open the file

You need to load the laterst SciTE4AutoIt3 installer to get all the new/updated goodies:)

Ok, i will do that soon, thanks. But the bugs that i mentioned, should they be fixed even in the lite version? :D

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

• Developers

Ok, i will do that soon, thanks. But the bugs that i mentioned, should they be fixed even in the lite version? :)

The lite version doesn't have any of the LUA scripts. Its only has the basic functionality and the stuff you reported are caused by the old LUA scripts the came with teh SciTE4AutoIt3 package.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

ONLY the expansion.

They do show red.

Ctrl+B Does nothing.

I do see all abbreviations when i open the file

So let us sum this up. You are using the windows version of Scite under Linux. Under 9x the Abbreviation file is located in the Scite Home directory. If your on WinNT, then it is in the User Profile. Now open in the menu "Options" -> "Open Abbreviations File" and see what exists. My best guess is that Scite is running in 9x mode as %USERPROFILE% is not set so the profile files are saved within the Scite Home folder. Scite is not seeing the Abbreviations file within its own directory perhaps. I would advice to understand Scite's behaviour by checking the help file yourself (Contents: SciTE Documentation).

So let us sum this up. You are using the windows version of Scite under Linux. Under 9x the Abbreviation file is located in the Scite Home directory. If your on WinNT, then it is in the User Profile. Now open in the menu "Options" -> "Open Abbreviations File" and see what exists. My best guess is that Scite is running in 9x mode as %USERPROFILE% is not set so the profile files are saved within the Scite Home folder. Scite is not seeing the Abbreviations file within its own directory perhaps. I would advice to understand Scite's behaviour by checking the help file yourself (Contents: SciTE Documentation).

I got it to work now.

I moved the file from (SciTe Dir)\defs\Production\au3abbreviations.properties to:

(Emulated C drive)\windows\profiles\root\abbreviations.properties

And now all is well :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

2/16/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer.

This installer contains a new version of AutoIt3Wrapper which has now native resource update functions which avoids the need for RC.exe and ResHacker.exe plus adds support for X64 compiled scripts.

IMPORTANT: This version of AutoIt3Wrapper requires the current Beta version of AUT2EXE.

Make sure you either copy it from Autoit3\Beta\aut2exe to AutoIt3\aut2exe or download it from here.

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Jos

02/16/2008
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui/AutoIt3Wrapper v1.10.0.4 (JdeB)
    - Added: Buildin Resource update functions instead of requiring RC.exe and Reshacker.
             This also enables the resource update of x64 compiled scripts.
*** Updated Tidy.exe v2.0.23.10 (JdeB)
    - Fixed: BUG with invalid added space around square brackets.
    - Fixed: Reload Tidied script when current file was changed during tidy process.
*** Updated Obfuscator.exe v1.0.24.13 (JdeB)
    - Fixed: Skip removing Global variables that are set to the result of a Function to fix bugreport #118
Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I guess this means that the resource updater is not stand alone? Too bad.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

I guess this means that the resource updater is not stand alone? Too bad.

It is a set of separate UDFs in AutoIt3Wrapper so can be easily pulled out and made available separately.

I can look at that later and see if it could be included in the set of UDFs that Zedna created. This would truly allow information to be stored and updated in RCDATA for example.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It is a set of separate UDFs in AutoIt3Wrapper so can be easily pulled out and made available separately.

I can look at that later and see if it could be included in the set of USDFs that Zedna created. This would truly allow information to be stored and updated in RCDATA for example.

Thanks Jos. I would really rather use it stand alone instead of having to use wrapper directives. Has the old version of the wrapper GUI been updated with bug fixes as well? Assuming that it still uses RH and RC.exe.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

• Developers

Thanks Jos. I would really rather use it stand alone instead of having to use wrapper directives. Has the old version of the wrapper GUI been updated with bug fixes as well? Assuming that it still uses RH and RC.exe.

George,

I am not sure what you mean here.. The autoit3wrapper_gui is update as well and i removed the testing for ResHacker, but it doesn't use RC nor RH and only updeates the directives in the source file after which it shells AutoIt3Wrapper.

What is it you want to use "stand-alone" ?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

George,

I am not sure what you mean here.. The autoit3wrapper_gui is update as well and i removed the testing for ResHacker, but it doesn't use RC nor RH and only updeates the directives in the source file after which it shells AutoIt3Wrapper.

What is it you want to use "stand-alone" ?

Jos

Okay, so the resource updating as we knew it before has been eliminated. No problem there. Except that I will still be using the old version for the time being. I don't want to update to the latest beta until I have the time to finish a script that does the syntax updating of my existing scripts to be compliant with the beta. Given my current time constraints I may be at 3.2.10.0 for quite some time yet.

It is just the resource updater that I want to see as stand alone. That was all I really used the wrapper for anyway. I would also like to be able to save a copy of the resources used in a given file but that's not all that important. Of course x64 support probably isn't as important to me as it may be to others. It's right up there with Vista support which I won't provide at all. In fact just this morning I removed all of the Vista support pages from my main site and replaced them with a notice that Vista will not be supported on that site at all and if people have Vista problems then take them to MS.

George

• Developers

There is no need to upgrade AutoIt3 to the latest Prod/Beta versions... All thats needed is the latest aut2exe program not the BIN files.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

There is no need to upgrade AutoIt3 to the latest Prod/Beta versions... All thats needed is the latest aut2exe program not the BIN files.

That might simplify things a bit. Thanks Jos. I didn't think that Aut2Exe.exe would work without the latest bin files. Live and learn. I might get a chance to do that much of the upgrade shortly :) As for the rest, it will be a while. I still have not finished the portion of the script that updates the function names for all of Garys changes and the changes in AutoIt itself. It's going to be a while before I get back to it too. I did manage to get around to the part that removes Opt("RunErrorsFatal") though although I still have not removed it from my AutoIt Opts builder code.

George

Idea for simplicify:

Aut2Exe in 3.2.11:
- Added: Option to compile scripts as console applications.

Scite4AutoIt3 01/26/2008
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui/AutoIt3Wrapper v1.9.5.2 (JdeB)
    - Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI which will run MakeCUI supplied by piccaso and included MakeCUI in the installer.

Now MakeCUI utility needn't be supplied with Scite4AutoIt3

and could be used new Aut2Exe option for that.

• Developers

Idea for simplicify:

Aut2Exe in 3.2.11:
- Added: Option to compile scripts as console applications.

Scite4AutoIt3 01/26/2008
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui/AutoIt3Wrapper v1.9.5.2 (JdeB)
    - Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI which will run MakeCUI supplied by piccaso and included MakeCUI in the installer.

Now MakeCUI utility needn't be supplied with Scite4AutoIt3

and could be used new Aut2Exe option for that.

That is actually done in the latest version of AutoIt3Wrapper and that is one of the reasons it requires the latest (Beta) version of aut2exe. This reminds me that I still need to remove the MakeCUI.exe from the installer since its not used anymore.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

This installer contains a new version of AutoIt3Wrapper which has now native resource update functions which avoids the need for RC.exe and ResHacker.exe plus adds support for X64 compiled scripts.

IMPORTANT: This version of AutoIt3Wrapper requires the current Beta version of AUT2EXE.

Make sure you either copy it from Autoit3\Beta\aut2exe to AutoIt3\aut2exe or download it from here.

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Jos

02/16/2008
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui/AutoIt3Wrapper v1.10.0.4 (JdeB)
    - Added: Buildin Resource update functions instead of requiring RC.exe and Reshacker.
             This also enables the resource update of x64 compiled scripts.
*** Updated Tidy.exe v2.0.23.10 (JdeB)
    - Fixed: BUG with invalid added space around square brackets.
    - Fixed: Reload Tidied script when current file was changed during tidy process.
*** Updated Obfuscator.exe v1.0.24.13 (JdeB)
    - Fixed: Skip removing Global variables that are set to the result of a Function to fix bugreport #118
I have added the 3 required aut2exe versions to the installer to avoid people getting issues and not having read the posted warning ...

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.