New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.75

Jos

I noticed a little change in the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res fields (which is not visible)

AutoItCompiled is added to the version info of a file. Can this be changed into "AutoIt v3 Script" only or be completely removed, because i don't like the version info of AutoIt in my exe.

I love the CUI it's brilliant but the executable created is very large..

Best Regards.

Emiel Wieldraaijer

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

I noticed a little change in the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res fields (which is not visible)

Not sure what you mean with this statement.

AutoItCompiled is added to the version info of a file. Can this be changed into "AutoIt v3 Script" only or be completely removed, because i don't like the version info of AutoIt in my exe.

This is also there in the Orginal Compiled scripts and was discussed amongst the Devs and left in there by default.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Not sure what you mean with this statement.

This is also there in the Orginal Compiled scripts and was discussed amongst the Devs and left in there by default.

Jos

Every field which is mentioned in the version tab of the file can be manipulated with

for example #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description except AutoItCompiled that's the reason why i call it hidden

Version information of AutoIt in the file can be a potentional security leak .. for example .. it could make it easier to decompile the created executable..

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

Version information of AutoIt in the file can be a potentional security leak .. for example .. it could make it easier to decompile the created executable..

This is a stretch. If you don't like it, remove it manually. As Jos said, it was discussed and the decision was to not let official or semi-official tools to modify it.

hi guys, i have tested the latest scite release, and its a nice piece of work a always.

wont know what to do without it :)

but there is something i want to know, is there a way to add bmp's to the exe, but as bmp, not as rc?

i use the udf that allows you to use build in bmp's for your GUI, but it searches in the bmp section, not rc section.

maybe any idea for this?

keep it up guys, your great!!!

damian666

and proud of it!!!

• Developers

Sorry didn't mean to offend you or anybody else .. just gave my opinion..

I have no issue giving your opinion and I understand were you are coming from.

Jos :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have no issue giving your opinion and I understand were you are coming from.

Jos :)

I, on the other hand, am tired of opinions. I wish people would realize, for once, that maybe we know what we're doing and something is actually intentional. Give us the benefit of the doubt that occasionally we aren't bumbling fools and can get one the way we intend.

But really, my main issue was that you answered the question yet he comes back still questioning it. It's becoming an over-arching theme on this forum that when we speak we get ignored.

• Developers

I, on the other hand, am tired of opinions. I wish people would realize, for once, that maybe we know what we're doing and something is actually intentional. Give us the benefit of the doubt that occasionally we aren't bumbling fools and can get one the way we intend.

I have no issues when people express their opinion as long as they are not demanding anything.

But really, my main issue was that you answered the question yet he comes back still questioning it. It's becoming an over-arching theme on this forum that when we speak we get ignored.

I just ignore them as well when I feel it should be clear. In this case I didn't feel he was ignoring what I said but really wanted to state his case that this particular field wasn't there before (previous versions of AutoIt3Wrapper) and would like it to be optional.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

3/8/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer.

Just a couple of updates. :)

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Jos

03/08/2008
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui/AutoIt3Wrapper v1.10.1.6 (JdeB)
    - Updated: Removed the "CompiledScrip" field from the resources.
*** Updated SciTE (Valik)
    - Added: Filter option to the Save dialog.
*** Updated SciTEConfig (Mhz)
    - Fixed: reported issue with reading/writing Tools in au3.properties.
Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

In previous versions, I had no problems adding an AVI resource to the output executable using AutoITWrapper -> Res Add Files -> Extra Files.:

I added a line like:

filename.avi,AVI,1

So I could display the avi file in the GUI referring to the script executable resource #1

For some reason, I cannot make it work in the new version. Looks like no file is added to the AVI section... Does anybody have any ideas?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

---------Arthur B

Hi,

do not kill me - Jos, but is there a reason for

Tidy AutoIt3 v2.0.23.11 Copyright © Jos van der Zande Februari 27, 2008 ?

You already did that with Januari(y)

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

In previous versions, I had no problems adding an AVI resource to the output executable using AutoITWrapper -> Res Add Files -> Extra Files.:

I added a line like:

filename.avi,AVI,1

So I could display the avi file in the GUI referring to the script executable resource #1

For some reason, I cannot make it work in the new version. Looks like no file is added to the AVI section... Does anybody have any ideas?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Look here

Also look at first post of that topic where you can find workaround for this issue.

• Developers

3/14/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer.

Contains fix for bug 167.

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Jos

03/14/2008
*** Updated included aut2exe versions required to support the current AutoIt3 production version (Valik)
Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

3/14/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer.

Some researches:

- SciTE4AutoIt3 2008-03-14.zip contains cSnippet.ZIP which is redundant

- SciTE4AutoIt3 2008-03-14.zip contains AutoIt3Wrapper\BackUp\autoit3wrapper_old1.au3 (old2) which is redundant

- SciTE.exe (also SetAcl\SetACL.exe) doesn't run on Win9x (needs newer OS) --> is it intended?

Line 806 and 814 of SciteConfig.au3 needs to be changed from:

Run(@ComSpec & " /c start http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...loads.php", '', @SW_HIDE)

to:

Run(@ComSpec & " /c start http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...ads.shtml", '', @SW_HIDE)

argh..... forum....

Edited by GaryFrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Developers

Some researches:

- SciTE4AutoIt3 2008-03-14.zip contains cSnippet.ZIP which is redundant

- SciTE4AutoIt3 2008-03-14.zip contains AutoIt3Wrapper\BackUp\autoit3wrapper_old1.au3 (old2) which is redundant

Removed for the next release....

Some researches:

- SciTE.exe (also SetAcl\SetACL.exe) doesn't run on Win9x (needs newer OS) --> is it intended?

Recompiled SciTE with VC8 to restore Win9x compatibility and updated the installer available on the website.

The SetACL section is skipped for Win9x OSes in the current installer (could be that the first Beta version didn't have the test but the release vesion had that test already.)

Thanks for letting me know ! :)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Recompiled SciTE with VC8 to restore Win9x compatibility and updated the installer available on the website.

The SetACL section is skipped for Win9x OSes in the current installer (could be that the first Beta version didn't have the test but the release vesion had that test already.)

Thanks for letting me know ! :)

Thanks for correction Jos.

EDIT: today's version works fine on my Win98

I noticed that latest Obfuscator which I'm using with /striponly doesn't remove all constatnts that were removed by previous version (from 2008-01-26 Scite4AutoIt3).

So result is slightly bigger EXE size with this new Obfuscator.

I tested it by only replacing Obfuscator.exe and recompiling the same source once again.

I will send you example script also with all results by PM.

Edited by Zedna

• Developers

Thanks for correction Jos.

EDIT: today's version works fine on my Win98

I noticed that latest Obfuscator which I'm using with /striponly doesn't remove all constatnts that were removed by previous version (from 2008-01-26 Scite4AutoIt3).

So result is slightly bigger EXE size with this new Obfuscator.

I tested it by only replacing Obfuscator.exe and recompiling the same source once again.

I will send you example script also with all results by PM.

Here's the reason: I fixed an issue with Global Variables that are initialised with a function like:

Global $myvar = Myfunc()The reported problem was that this whole line was stripped when $myvar isn't used in the script.

So I added a test to check if there is "=" and "(" on the line then don't strip this line. As you can see, all lines that are not stripped have brackets behind the "=".

What I have done in the version available in the BETA directory is refine my test to ensure there is text between "=" and "(". Also added tests for common used functions that can be safely removed: "BitOR" , "Iniread" and "DllStructCreate"

Any other will be left in the script. Have a go and see if that works for you.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.