Reading TreeView text

kalayaan

Hi,

I know it's been asked by redndahead (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5053&hl=) but I don't think an answer has been found.

So how does one read what is selected in a treeview? GuiRead picks up the control ID but not the text.

Thanks.

Hi,

I know it's been asked by redndahead (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5053&hl=) but I don't think an answer has been found.

So how does one read what is selected in a treeview? GuiRead picks up the control ID but not the text.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as the text cannot be changed only the Id is return so during the setting memorise it so you can reuse it is the only solution :)

as the text cannot be changed only the Id is return so during the setting memorise it so you can reuse it is the only solution ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) bummer. i was trying to list the contents of a folder and the treeviewitems are created automatically. oh well. probable workaround may be to store the text in an array at creation and crossreference afterwards.

thanks anyway... :)

• Administrators

:) bummer. i was trying to list the contents of a folder and the treeviewitems are created automatically. oh well. probable workaround may be to store the text in an array at creation and crossreference afterwards.

thanks anyway... :)

When I add generic treeview reading code (like ControlListView) you'll be able to do it that way.

When I add generic treeview reading code (like ControlListView) you'll be able to do it that way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No pressure, but when you are rearranging the controlcommand function is this when you are plannning on adding this? Sorry I just have put a project on hold until this is complete and it would be nice to know.

Thanks

red

Edited by redndahead

• Administrators

No pressure, but when you are rearranging the controlcommand function is this when you are plannning on adding this?  Sorry I just have put a project on hold until this is complete and it would be nice to know.

Thanks

red

Oh ages away, not until after 3.0.103 is publically released.

• 2 weeks later...