Why cant I get InternetExplorer object?

evg64

I cant understand the reason, but the following script doesnt work correctly on my computer:

$o_object = ObjGet("","InternetExplorer.application")

if @error then

Msgbox (0,"InternetExplorerTest","Error Getting an active InternetExplorer Object. Error code: " & @error)

exit

else

$o_object.navigate("http://www.google.com/")

$o_object.visible=1

endif

Before running the script several webbrowser windows are opened, the programm instantly finishes with Msgbox shown.

; *******************************************************
; Example 1 - Attach to a browser with "AutoIt" in its title, display the URL
; *******************************************************
;
#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IEAttach ("AutoIt")
MsgBox(0, "The URL", _IEPropertyGet ($oIE, "locationurl"))

Have a look at this

(I take no responses since my alc % i way over the allowed limit for driving - nearly beeing in puvblic

Edited by Shevilie

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

I cant understand the reason, but the following script doesnt work correctly on my computer:

It doesn't work on anyone's computer. InternetExplorer does not put its instances on the ROT (running object table) so ObjGet will not work. As Shevilie ponts out, take a look at the source for _IEAttach to see how it can be done instead.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble