_IEFormGetObjByName GET ID?

I have a form where it does have "id=" but not "name="

In the help file I can find "_IEFormGetObjByName" which says:

"If the desired form does not have a name or ID, _IEFormGetCollection to get a reference by index"

Ok easy stuff.. but where it says "does not have a name or ID" ... etc..

So how do I get it instead of by name, I want to get the form by ID, where <form id=something>

I tried like this but it doesn't seem to be picking up the form..

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ("something")

I have also done

With $ObjIE.document.forms (1)

But I don't like the method of choosing the form number relative to the page.

In IE, ID and Name share the same namespace, so they can be used interchangably in _IEFormGetObjByName -- trust me, if it isn't working for you them there is something else wrong.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

In IE, ID and Name share the same namespace, so they can be used interchangably in _IEFormGetObjByName -- trust me, if it isn't working for you them there is something else wrong.

Dale

Thanks Dale for the clarification there. I'll get back on it then.